Review of The Forbidden Man

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yashi Shukla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yashi-shukla.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 38%

Review of The Forbidden Man

Post by Yashi Shukla »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Forbidden Man" by Gerald R Knight.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. Through rich descriptions and cultural analysis, Gerald R. Knight's engrossing book "The Forbidden Man" expertly takes readers to the Pacific Islands. The tale masterfully captures the unadulterated love and solid bond between a mother and her son. The novel follows a young man on an ambitious search for his mother, detailing the challenges he encounters along the way.

Lainjin's character development was my favourite part of the novel since it gives the story depth and facilitates an insightful voyage of self-discovery and personal development. Along with having their own backstories, hopes, and anxieties, each character was expertly written, and I like that there were no extraneous characters. The way the environment and various action scenes were depicted was extremely appealing to me; they made me feel like I was there.

A captivating reading experience is guaranteed by Knight's deft integration of historical detail with engrossing storytelling, which perfectly complements Lainjin's journey to find his mother amid dangerous encounters and cultural nuances. Because of her bold and ambitious personality, Tarmãlu is my favourite character. She is a bright woman with leadership qualities, and I was impressed by her remarkable perseverance.

I particularly liked how the author created well-rounded female characters. This story was easier to follow because it included a glossary and map. In my opinion, this book has no shortcomings at all. I could not find any errors, so the editing is excellent. The explicit content and certain uncomfortable cultural practices in this book may turn off sensitive readers.

All things considered, this novel is deserving of five stars due to its original and captivating plot and the meticulous attention to surroundings, character backgrounds, and cultural elements, including language. Readers of historical fiction seeking a distinctive narrative with masterfully developed characters should definitely try this book.

The Forbidden Man
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Yours truly,
Yashi Shukla
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

Such a heartfelt book. A mother and son relationship is Golden and inseparable. There is a saying that when a woman gives birth to a Boyz she has her self someone to love and cherish her for life. I see this character within the young man in the book.
Yashi Shukla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yashi-shukla.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 38%

Post by Yashi Shukla »

Risper Ouma Anyango wrote: 15 May 2024, 17:22 Such a heartfelt book. A mother and son relationship is Golden and inseparable. There is a saying that when a woman gives birth to a Boyz she has her self someone to love and cherish her for life. I see this character within the young man in the book.
Yes I had same thoughts while reading this book and you just explained it exactly how I thought. :D
Yours truly,
Yashi Shukla
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The hyena stare
Bookshelf Size: 80
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This sounds like an amazing book according to the review. A quest to look for a parent is never easy trust me I know . What he encounters on the way should surely make him a better man . I'd live to read this.
Ashwini Tawade
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashwini-tawade.html
Latest Review: Who Will Accompany You? by Meg Stafford, Kate Stafford, Gale Stafford

Post by Ashwini Tawade »

The quest to find one's mother is such a heart-touching topic. I often read stories about people and their life challenges. They are mostly motivating. I am sure to find goodness in this book too. Your review is so interesting that it makes me want to read this novel as soon as possible.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 63%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

The tale about mother and son, which involves unadulterated Love, sacrifices, the individual devlopment is good thing to be counted while picking up the book. Good review
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Priya Murugesan »

Would love to read about mother son love in this book. A good review!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”