Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jerry Williams 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-williams-3.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Jerry Williams 3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings follows Melody, who discovers a new passion for fly fishing after a harrowing experience of being saved by a group of women. Alongside her newfound friends Rose, Veronica, Sophie, and Amanda, Melody navigates the challenges of career, love, and family. As they delve into the world of fly fishing, they form a tight-knit bond that strengthens through shared experiences and challenges, highlighting the transformative power of friendship and the importance of support in personal and professional growth. The book not only delves into the beauty of fly fishing but also explores themes of self-discovery, resilience, and the dynamics of relationships, making it an engaging read for those interested in both the sport and the human experience.

"The Reel Sisters" is a heartfelt exploration of friendship, self-discovery, and the transformative power of shared passion. Through the lens of fly fishing, the author weaves a tale of women navigating the complexities of life, from career challenges to family dynamics and romantic relationships. As Melody and her newfound friends journey together, they not only deepen their understanding of the sport but also of themselves and each other. The book underscores the importance of support and resilience in overcoming life's obstacles while offering readers a glimpse into the beauty of fly fishing and the profound connections it fosters.

My favorite character from this book is Melody. Her journey to discovering a new passion for fly fishing is intriguing. I admire her resilience in the face of adversity, as well as her openness to new experiences and friendships. Melody's transformative experience in the river and her subsequent path of self-discovery resonate deeply, highlighting the profound impact that unexpected encounters can have on one's life.

I rate this book five out of five stars for its compelling storytelling, rich character development, and exploration of themes like friendship, self-discovery, and resilience. The author skillfully weaves together the world of fly fishing with the personal journeys of the characters, creating a captivating narrative that keeps readers engaged from beginning to end. The diverse cast of characters and their relatable struggles add depth and authenticity to the story, while the exploration of the transformative power of shared passion is both inspiring and heartwarming.

I recommend this book to those who enjoy stories about friendship, self-discovery, and the power of shared passion. The book is exceptionally edited, and there is absolutely nothing I dislike about it.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

Several women come together due to love for one thing, that is fly fishing. They are such remarkable friends, and I wish I had friends like this. I loved reading your review which so informative and said so kuch about the book.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Michelle Cummings skillfully crafts a tale that celebrates the strength of female bonds amidst life's trials and triumphs, drawing readers into the captivating world of fly fishing and the power of solidarity.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Sunday N Florence »

This book is a heartfelt narrative focusing on friendship, self-discovery, and the transformative power of shared passion. Through fly fishing, the author tells a story of women dealing with career, family, and romantic challenges. Their journey together deepens their understanding of the sport and each other, emphasizing resilience and the beauty of supportive relationships.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan

Post by Esther Unurhie »

Michelle Cummings skillfully intertwines the intricacies of relationships, career challenges, and personal growth in "The Reel Sisters," offering readers a heartfelt narrative that celebrates the bonds formed through shared experiences and the pursuit of newfound passions.
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

This heartfelt exploration of friendship and self-discovery uses fly fishing as a backdrop. As Melody and her friends delve into the sport, they deepen their understanding of themselves. The book underscores resilience and support in overcoming life's obstacles.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”