Review of The Last Enemy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: What Happened To Flynn by Pat Muir

Review of The Last Enemy

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Last Enemy" by Dan E. Hendrickson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Boris, an ex-assassin with considerable power over Maximillian, insists on sabotaging an American airliner to destroy the Edwards family. Maximillian reluctantly agrees to keep his place in the cartel, secretly aiming to acquire leverage over Boris in the process. Edwards, who appears to be ignorant of the danger, is about to catch an airplane to Australia. Maximillian, however, orchestrates a chain of circumstances that result in their kidnapping. They awaken in a chamber, confined and faced by Maximillian, who discloses that they are assumed dead and explains Boris's involvement in the conspiracy. Marnia, on the other hand, learned that the Edwards were still alive and joined forces with Danielle to form a team of experts to aid in their rescue. In the face of growing difficulties and peril, will the Cartel Crusher and her group save the Edwards family? Follow the intertwined journeys of the characters as they overcome perilous barriers to reconnect and learn their fate in this suspenseful and fascinating book. At what cost will the victor be crowned?

While reading Dan E. Hendrickson's The Last Enemy, readers will feel a variety of emotions. This incredibly fascinating and suspenseful book demonstrates how one's conscience determines where the line between good and wrong lies. Even though it was obvious that he wasn't supposed to, this demonstrates how Jonathan handled the Edwards family. With its flawless character development, Dan's masterfully written work captures readers from the first page to the last. I adore how skillfully the author captures the power that derives from the love and support of the family as well as from maintaining faith in the face of adversity. I like how each scene in the book is developed realistically and vividly by the author without giving away too much. The author did an excellent job keeping readers shocked and intrigued while building suspense with the way he introduces people at crucial points in the story. There is a dynamic suspense that is present in every chapter of the novel.

The book kept me glued to my seat until I was able to complete it. The author methodically laid out and explained the intriguing way he produced well-developed characters, a complicated narrative, throbbing action, and descriptive locales. Each individual has their own attraction and mystery, contributing to the story's suspense.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. This intriguing tale has a very swoon-worthy and lovely ending. The book closes on a very satisfying page, and as a reader, I will miss the characters. The book is exceptionally well edited, demonstrating the author's attention to detail and commitment to delivering a polished reading experience.

I rate this book five out of five stars because it successfully combines suspense, emotion, and memorable characters to create a truly immersive reading journey. I recommend this book to lovers of crime thrillers.

The Last Enemy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Susan John Peter
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Susan John Peter »

What an engaging review! The reviewer not only appreciates the book's suspenseful elements but also its exploration of ethical boundaries and the strength of familial bonds. It's evident that they found the author's storytelling skills impressive, particularly in maintaining suspense and introducing characters strategically.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Bonds of Love and Blood by Marylee MacDonald

Post by Robert Andrew »

I was captivated by the moral complexities explored in this book. The characters, especially Jonathan, are so well-crafted, and you can't help but question where the line between right and wrong truly lies. Hendrickson's ability to maintain suspense while revealing just enough at the right moments is exceptional
Boye Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boye-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Welcome to Dreamland by Rasa Ponce

Post by Boye Emmanuel »

I enjoyed reading your review and I envisage already the flow of action and suspense in the book. I look forward to reading ythe book welldone.
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

The Last Enemy' by Dan E. Hendrickson is a suspenseful masterpiece. The portrayal of conscience, family bonds, and resilience is remarkable. The author's ability to maintain suspense and introduce key elements at just the right moments adds to the thrill of the story. Highly recommended for anyone seeking a thrilling and emotionally charged read
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: Behind The Wheel Tips by Raoul Watson

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I have read this book and I agree with your review. The book has a plot that connects the readers to it from the very start of the book. Well-done.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Dan E. Hendrickson's The Last Enemy" sounds like a gripping and suspenseful book with a complex storyline involving characters like Boris, Maximillian, and the Edwards family. The intricacies of the plot, such as the conspiracy to sabotage an American airliner and the kidnapping of the Edwards family, add layers of tension and intrigue to the narrative.
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review of Dan E. Hendrickson's "The Last Enemy" highlights its captivating suspense and emotional depth. The intricate plot, involving an ex-assassin's conspiracy and a family's fight for survival, keeps readers on edge. The character development and realistic scene-setting are praised, enhancing the immersive experience. The novel’s exploration of conscience, family strength, and faith in adversity resonates deeply. With a satisfying conclusion and meticulous editing, this book earns a deserved 5 out of 5 stars, making it a must-read for crime thriller enthusiasts.
Tomi Ahmed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”