Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andrew Darlington
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

Post by Andrew Darlington »

[Following is a volunteer review of "WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L Junior.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L. Junior is a book that captures readers' attention in a unique way. The gripping action scenes were amazing, creating an enduring sense of urgency and danger. I was intrigued by how the author consistently included new elements into the story as it progressed. This kept me glued to the book until the end. Don't miss out on this book.

"WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L. Junior is a science fiction and fantasy book that plunges readers into a dystopian world. The story begins as Kaarina and Monty navigate a post-apocalyptic landscape, facing threats from both the environment and ruthless pursuers. The story further narrates a harrowing tale of humanity's struggle for survival after the apocalyptic event, from the failure of artificial oxygen machines to the formation of five nations and the emergence of individuals with extraordinary abilities. The narrative unfolds with a mix of action, suspense, and futuristic elements. Read this book to find out more.

There were a few things I liked about this book. Firstly, the vivid descriptions of scenes used in this book paint a detailed picture of the characters and their surroundings in the minds of readers. It felt like I was watching a movie while reading through the story. The incorporation of futuristic elements, such as cybernetic chips and advancements in medical technology, adds an intriguing layer to the narrative. This book excels at creating a vivid and immersive setting, blending elements of science fiction and fantasy seamlessly.

However, as much as the organization of this book seemed fair, the editing of this book is very poor. It is sad that a book this beautiful could contain so many errors, especially poor spacing between words. I found this very distracting and had a bit of difficulty comprehending some sections of this book. The story in this book occasionally suffers from pacing issues, with certain sections feeling rushed, particularly in the transition from the apocalypse to the formation of the five nations. The emotional impact of certain scenes could be heightened with more nuanced writing. I understand the author was trying to incorporate a gritty and realistic tone into the story, but honestly, that could have been achieved with less profanity in this book. This had an impact on the overall readability of this book and will potentially limit the audience.

Sadly, for the reasons above, especially for the editing issues this book had and the uneasiness in comprehending some sections of the story, I will rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to all lovers of science fiction and fantasy books.

WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Williams Nnodim »

It was a great book with captivating storyline. But the author needs to work on his editing team, too much grammatical errors hindered me from having a great read.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Post by Mary Clarkee »

While the book had a captivating storyline, the author should focus on improving the editing process. Excessive grammatical errors hindered my overall reading experience.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Florence Daniel »

The vivid descriptions and incorporation of futuristic elements make reading this book feel like watching a movie. The detailed scenes and immersive setting, with cybernetic chips and advanced medical technology, enhance the overall experience of "WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings."
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

Tales of a post-acalyptic world set in a dystopian world is something I'd look forward to reading. This was a beautiful review; I'm also left wondering about Karina and Monty survive this period.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Miracle Man by Dr. Dave Ferruolo

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Mike L. Junior's 'WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings' is a captivating blend of science fiction and fantasy. From the post-apocalyptic landscape to the emergence of individuals with extraordinary abilities, Junior weaves a compelling narrative that keeps readers on the edge of their seats.
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favy-moses.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Favy Moses »

This book was an intriguing read that dives into the world of mystery , divination and super human abilities. Very brilliant review Andrew, good job.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

This book is quite interesting but the error in the book are much and disturbing . Kudos on your review.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Sunday N Florence »

WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L. Junior captivates readers with gripping action scenes and a unique narrative that consistently introduces new elements. The enduring sense of urgency and danger keeps readers engaged from start to finish, making it a must-read for those seeking an immersive experience.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I'm intrigued that this book is a sci-fi fantasy. What is the origin of the title, WatchDog: Abnormal Beginning? What was it like during the pro apocalyptic age?
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

The book's intriguing storyline is marred by numerous and bothersome errors. Your review effectively acknowledges this aspect. Kudos!
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

Set in a dystopian world, the narrative follows Kaarina and Monty as they navigate a post-apocalyptic landscape filled with peril. The incorporation of futuristic elements adds depth to the story, blending science fiction and fantasy seamlessly. Dive into this immersive tale of survival and extraordinary abilities.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"WatchDogs: Abnormal Beginnings" by Mike L. Junior delivers a thrilling and unique experience with gripping action scenes that immerse readers in a dystopian world of danger and survival. The story unfolds with Kaarina and Monty navigating post-apocalyptic challenges, blending elements of science fiction, fantasy, and suspense to create an engaging narrative. Don't miss out on this captivating book.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

I'm looking forward to reading this next. Thanks for the review. The book sounds good I hope it exceeds my expectations.
Onwuesi Promise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Onwuesi Promise »

I love the honest review. The book is nice according to the review but excess grammatical error makes the book dissatisfying. I will read it soon. Thank you for your honest review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”