Review of The Lost Identity Casualties

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of The Lost Identity Casualties

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Lost Identity Casualties" by Kim Ekemar.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Lost Identity Casualties is a book that discusses sensitive social issues like kidnapping, cybercrime, drug trafficking, human trafficking, rape, deceit, and betrayal. The book focuses on Matthias Callaghan, among other characters. Matthias Callaghan is a man of high qualities, which include handsomeness, intelligence, hard work, resilience, dedication, determination, and more. He has a father and a paternal grandfather, both of whom bear the same name: –Matthias Callaghan.

Is there anything really special about this name—that it is fully inherited by three descendants? I hope there won't be a mix-up about the names of these individuals, especially when it relates to official matters.

His father is a man who enjoys frivolities and a superficial lifestyle, while his grandfather is a determined hard worker. After Matthias III loses his paternal grandmother and mother to the cold hands of death on different occasions, his grandfather takes over his welfare due to his father's carefree attitude. He is able to secure his grandson's future by giving him some properties and cash. Matthias III does not enjoy the father-son relationship; unfortunately, he takes after his dad with semblance in stature, height, face structure, and complexion. Life dawned on this ‘poor’ Matthias when his wonderful grandfather died. Matthias III is a tenacious man, as I said earlier. He keeps moving on in life.

Later, Matthias III meets a friend at the college named Allan. The duo is computer-oriented, but Allan has more computer know-how than Matthias. They successfully hack people's credit cards to get money. At a point, Matthias quits the illegal job and works legally, tirelessly, and independently. However, Allan continues for years. How did Allan get caught in these illegal acts?

Get your copy to enjoy this story in detail!

The most intriguing part of this book is where they severely wounded Matthias. I started thinking about how it happened, who did it, why this happened to him, and a lot of other questions popped into my mind. It shook me to my bone marrow. That part of the book is so captivating. It encouraged me to keep reading.

I would recommend this book to anyone who seeks the intelligence, knowledge, and wisdom needed to run life successfully. The book is perfect for adults, parents, teenagers, youths, students, employers, and the working class. This book teaches great lessons on how to manage relationships. It discusses resilience, determination, and dedication as qualities needed for a fulfilled life. It also talks about the law of karma, which entails that whatever an individual does will surely come back to the person.

Kim Ekemar is a creative and intelligent writer. The story is voluminous but fascinating from the beginning to the end. He uses suspense to catch and sustain the readers’ attention. He effectively deploys the use of flashbacks and story within the story in a very clear way that makes confusion distant from this write-up. Despite the similarity in the names of the three characters, he is able to create and present the protagonist very clearly. His writing intelligence is commendable because, at different stages when the truth should surface, he continues to maintain and sustain the suspense till the end without any boredom.

I found some errors in the book. Aside from this, the book is so perfect. I found nothing to dislike in this book. Therefore, I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars.

The Lost Identity Casualties
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan

Post by Esther Unurhie »

Matthias III's resilience and determination in the face of adversity offer a gripping and inspiring story, reflecting the complex interplay between one's heritage and the pursuit of an individual path.
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

We all face our own challenges. Some might think that because of his wealth that Matthias III doesn’t have problems. This, however, is untrue. It’s how he deals with them that makes this book so entertaining. Thanks!
Christian Jordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

"The Lost Identity Casualties" delves into sensitive social issues such as kidnapping, cybercrime, and human trafficking. It follows Matthias Callaghan, a man of high qualities, navigating through challenges alongside his father and paternal grandfather.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

The Lost Identity Casualties" sounds like a gripping book that delves into various sensitive social issues through the experiences of Matthias Callaghan and other characters.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

The repetition of the name Matthias Callaghan across three generations in "The Lost Identity Casualties" could symbolize a strong family lineage or tradition. However, it does raise the possibility of confusion, particularly in official matters.
Christian Jordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

**The Lost Identity Casualties** explores sensitive social issues like kidnapping, cybercrime, drug trafficking, human trafficking, rape, deceit, and betrayal. It focuses on Matthias Callaghan, a handsome, intelligent, and resilient man, whose father and paternal grandfather share his name.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html

Post by Robert Cortes »

The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar is a gripping narrative that delves into a range of sensitive social issues, including kidnapping, cybercrime, drug trafficking, human trafficking, rape, deceit, and betrayal. Central to the story is Matthias Callaghan, a character defined by his striking qualities such as handsomeness, intelligence, hard work, resilience, and determination. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”