Review of Reconfigurement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Blockhead by Kyle J.S. Bardell

Re: Review of Reconfigurement

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

This sounds like a book everyone needs, especially in these trying times. Young people, myself include, have no idea how to save up for retirement, or how much they should even save - we aren't taught any of this, and to make things worse our future is always up in the air, so we don't know if retirement is even a thing we should be thinking about. I appreciate this book for trying to shed some light on the topic. Thanks for your review!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Ludovica Peruzzi wrote: 05 May 2024, 16:55 This sounds like a book everyone needs, especially in these trying times. Young people, myself include, have no idea how to save up for retirement, or how much they should even save - we aren't taught any of this, and to make things worse our future is always up in the air, so we don't know if retirement is even a thing we should be thinking about. I appreciate this book for trying to shed some light on the topic. Thanks for your review!
As a fellow reader, I can resonate with your experience while reading this book. I agree with most of your perspectives here, that this book is well-written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad we can resonate in the book reading experience here.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Khushi Yadav 8
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-yadav-8.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Khushi Yadav 8 »

I really was not considering reading this book, but after this review I think I will be worth the time. Planning future ahead. Retirement planning is something that we do in our late 40s but, creating a plan now to secure the future is really good plan.
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Sounds like an interesting book.
I am not sure I enjoy the concept of " retirement ", I do agree with saving and investing a reasonable amount in the future, in the event I live and need medical care, need to buffer inflation, and choose to maintain expensive hobbies perhaps.
I will keep this one on mind, perhaps there is value that can be gained from the author's experience and insight on this matter.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Thank you for your review.
This book brings forth some critical questions; thank you for sharing the questions.
I am not a fan of the term " retirement ". In fact, I do like the idea of "reconfigurement. "
I believe I have "reconfigured" my life largely away from the concept of retiring, but rather with the concept of transitioning from my authentic circumstances forward. It is a complex and intricate approach. In the event I am forced into retirement due to health reasons then yes, I have a small strategy for this.
Perhaps this book will add further value to my approach, considering the author is experienced in "retirement" planning , this may be an interesting reference point to check my course, in terms of adding further value to my personal life goals and strategy.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”