Review of Sarah's Hope A Sarah Tilghman Story

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1950
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Sarah's Hope A Sarah Tilghman Story

Post by Surabhi Rani »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sarah's Hope A Sarah Tilghman Story" by Susan Mackewich.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What miracles of nature can one possibly discover? How does one define true happiness in human life? The children’s tale Sarah’s Hope A Sarah Tilghman Story by Susan Mackewich is the story of a young girl, Sarah, and her kindness to other living beings. In this story, the readers follow Sarah and her fascinating thoughts and actions in life. The essence of the book is spiritual. The story seems to be a traditional folklore tale.

The book begins with the story of Elizabeth the rabbit who goes out in search of food for her little ones. In the process of procuring food for her hungry children, she is caught by a farmer named William who brings her to his home. William happens to have a wife, Jessica, and a daughter, Sarah. The farmer’s family has recently suffered a tragedy and the three of them are grieving souls. It was the occasion of Easter Sunday the next day, and respectable guests would be arriving to visit the farmer’s loving family. The group of family and friends had decided to go to the chapel situated on the top of the hill on Easter. They had planned to organize an Easter feast together when they got back home after offering their morning prayers in the chapel. Meanwhile, Sarah wants to set the trapped bunny, Elizabeth, free. You must read the book to find out what happened in the story!

I loved reading the outpourings of Sarah’s heart expressed throughout the book. She indeed seemed to be deeply touched by life’s sorrow. I found the book entertaining as well as instructive! It conveys the message of a happy and fulfilling life to youngsters. I enjoyed reading about Sarah’s bonding with her father. There were glimpses of social and religious life in the book. I truly appreciated the family trends portrayed in the book. For example, Sarah’s cookbook contained her grandmother’s recipes, which had been handed down to her mother. The rabbit Elizabeth hunting for food for her offspring represented the realistic aspect of life for me. The story of a growing girl was relatable and down-to-earth. The scenes described in the story were natural, lively, and artistic. The concept of the mother-and-daughter relationship presented in the book was simply adorable. Also, the story passes a strong message of love for God to sensitive children. The book inspired me to develop an attitude of faith in God’s creation’s gifts. It confirmed that a person with a pure and innocent heart can move mountains.

Other similar stories that I have come across earlier in my reading career are Fuzzy Bunny Slippers by J. M. Verdi and The Three Little Monsters and the Cranky King by Teydon Rae. The first book relates the story of the adventures of a little girl and fluffy bunnies. The second one of the aforementioned books is the story of a king who had been judged wrongly by the surrounding people.

However, I found the painful episodes of the protagonist’s life and the spiritual contexts described in the book rather long and detailed. Enthusiastic and dynamic kids might find such details boring.

Apart from the above-mentioned flaw, the work of the author was splendid and ecstatic. On account of the spiritually-oriented plot and the healthy comic theme of the story, I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars! I would have rated it 4.5 stars out of 5 stars if possible, but since a .5 rating is not allowed, I finally decided to give it a perfect rating.

The book is suitable for teenagers above the age of twelve who have well-developed personalities. Also, children who want to read about God would love the book. It is a good fit for growing daughters and simple-hearted kids with literary aptitudes. The theme of the story would appeal to comedy lovers. I could not detect any grammatical errors in the entire book effectively. Thus, the story imparts the lesson of goodness and happiness to young and growing children!

Sarah's Hope A Sarah Tilghman Story
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
King Nyebuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-nyebuchi.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by King Nyebuchi »

Great review! The author should probably work on making the lengthy episodes less lengthy.
Anastasia Baglay
Currently Reading: It
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anastasia-baglay.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Anastasia Baglay »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your age rating helps a lot.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The premise of this book looks interesting, considering the themes for a kids book. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”