Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Esther Unurhie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The novel Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited tells the fascinating and passionate tale of Eric, a college professor battling with a broken relationship and seeking solace in alcohol. His life changed when he met Sasha at a bar. As the days went by, Eric began to feel his body changing physically. He became strong, magical, and had an extraordinary hearing. Sasha guides him through the complexity of his new existence. During this period, Eric encounters love, compassion, dark truths, and war. The Church of Light, whose principal objective is to eliminate all vampires and the undead on Earth, is the common enemy of all vampires. This adversary is now shared between Eric and other vampires. Get a copy of this book to learn more about Eric's experiences as a vampire and Nightlord.

I found Eric to be my favorite character in this book due to his qualities. The vampire depiction in the tale was intriguing to me, especially Eric's dual nature as a compassionate professor and a vampire. Eric's mortality and compassion were what made him unique, even though he had a bloodthirsty instinct, and they guided his interactions and choices. Despite being in a foreign environment where he was constantly attacked, he never lost his sense of humor.

The book is engaging and enjoyable to read. The characters are well-developed. They appeared like real people because of the way they were portrayed. The aspect where the author presented the novel perspective on vampires is appealing. Vampires are represented as blood-sucking demons that cannot withstand sunlight. I found it fascinating reading about Eric the Vampire, who can walk in the sun and also uses his powers to save men. The author skillfully weaves action, emotion, humor, and suspense. Any reader that comes across this book will find it interesting.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. The plot of the book is engaging, and it moves along nicely. I must commend both the author and editor for a job well done, as the book is skillfully written and exceptionally edited.

I rate this book five out of five stars because of its compelling plot. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading fantasy novels and also to those who enjoy reading about lovable and amusing characters.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jerry Williams 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-williams-3.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Jerry Williams 3 »

The conflict with the Church of Light introduces a significant threat, creating a sense of urgency and tension throughout the book. The action scenes are well-crafted, keeping readers on the edge of their seats.
Nnodim Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnodim-collins.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Nnodim Collins »

The first time I read this book I loved it
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Eric stands out due to his dual nature as a compassionate professor and a vampire. His humanity and humor guide his actions despite his bloodthirsty instincts.The depiction of vampires, particularly Eric’s ability to walk in sunlight and use his powers for good, offers a fresh take on vampire lore.
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Badger Martin »

Eric begins to transform into a vampire and tied to get used to his new nature. This book was engaging with it intriguing storyline. Nice review.
Nnodim Collins
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnodim-collins.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Nnodim Collins »

Eric's character is a fascinating blend of contradictions, embodying both the nurturing qualities of a compassionate professor and the primal instincts of a vampire. His ability to harness his powers for benevolent purposes, despite his bloodthirsty nature, adds a refreshing twist to traditional vampire narratives, challenging the conventional portrayal of vampires as purely malevolent beings.
Christian Jordan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

"Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited tells the story of Eric, a college professor whose life changes after meeting Sasha. He transforms into a vampire, discovering new powers and facing the Church of Light, an enemy of all vampires.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Alpha Max by Mark A. Rayner

Post by Chad Anthony »

Nightlord Sunset is having this Twilight vibe which is intriguing and interesting. I love the summary and I can imagine the look on his face for days after transforming into a vampire. Thank you for a lovely review.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I imagined how Eric must have felt to have his life change in twenty four hours from the mundane life he led as a teacher. As the novel progressed, it became even more apparent that the chances of him returning to his former life was slim.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: His Final Answer by Christopher D White & Jennifer Curran

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Whited masterfully crafts a world where the supernatural and the mundane collide, offering a fresh take on the vampire genre. As Eric grapples with his newfound abilities and the dangers that come with them, readers are taken on a thrilling ride filled with twists, turns, and unexpected revelations. Don't miss out on the thrilling saga of the Nightlord!
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

Despite his bloodthirsty instincts, Eric's mortality and compassion guide his interactions and choices, making him a unique and relatable protagonist. His sense of humor remains intact even in a hostile environment, which adds depth to his character.
Ivan Kovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-kovic.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Ivan Kovic »

The idea of a regular guy turning into a vampire and being thrust into a world he never wanted to be a part of was intriguing, and I was curious to see how Eric would navigate his new life.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

In "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited, Eric, a college professor, transforms into a vampire, guided by Sasha through his new supernatural existence. The story blends love, compassion, dark truths, and war, particularly against the Church of Light, which aims to eradicate all vampires. Eric's dual nature as a compassionate professor and a vampire, along with his sense of humor despite constant danger, makes him a standout character. The novel offers a captivating exploration of his unique experiences.
Elendu Treasure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-treasure.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Elendu Treasure »

Eric, a college professor, turns into a vampire in Garon Whited's "Nightlord: Sunset," with Sasha assisting him in adjusting to his new supernatural life. The narrative combines terrible truths, love, compassion, and war—especially against the Church of Light, which seeks to exterminate all vampires. Eric is a unique character because of his dual personality as a vamp and a caring professor, as well as his sense of humor in the face of peril. His singular experiences are compellingly explored throughout the book.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

Nightlord: Sunset sounds right up my alley! A heartbroken professor turned vampire with a thirst for knowledge (and maybe a little blood?) is a fun twist. I love that Eric struggles with his humanity even as he embraces his new strength. A war against the Church of Light adds an epic element, and the humor is a great touch. Who knew vampires could be charming? Thanks for the fantastic review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”