Review of Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Review of Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process" by Diana Donnelly.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book by Diana Donnelly contains useful hints for potential first home owners on how to buy a house. This book is titled Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating Through the Mortgage Loan Process. This is a complete guide you don't want to miss.

There is a lot of insightful information to learn from this book. I learned that buying a house goes way beyond the financial aspect. It involves a lot of other pertinent factors.

The author discusses a wide range of steps to take, from having reasons to buy a house to knowing the type of house to purchase and how to search for them. These factors also include the resale value of houses, making a large cash investment to improve houses, neighborhood rules, mortgages, budget deals to hop upon, purchase agreements, and inspecting the home. Besides these, there are homeowners' insurance, home warranties, common contingencies, buying a condominium, comparative market analysis, and finally, the closing processes, which include closing costs, dates, and items to buy.

Some numerical analyses were laid out in some chapters of the book on finances, like the cost of a purchase, budgeting for a mortgage, and closing costs. Also, the book provides numerous links to websites for more information on the topics discussed.

An area I was fixated on was the part where the types of houses to purchase were elucidated. I will not say it came as a shock to me when I read about the types of houses to avoid; however, I didn't think that even if there were houses to avoid, it wouldn't be those types mentioned. You wouldn't have thought about those types of houses.

Another good thing about this book is that the way it equips you leaves you fully informed and knowledgeable enough to deal with a real estate agent. Plus, the glossary, links, and bibliography included helped me get acquainted with the business terms used in this book.

The author did a great job editing this book. I rarely came across any errors, thus earning it a rating of five out of five stars. I found nothing to dislike in this book. I recommend this book to readers who would love to be house owners one day. I also recommend it to real estate agents.

Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

The detailed insights on home inspections, insurance, and purchase agreements make this guide a comprehensive tool that equips readers with the knowledge needed to make informed decisions. Nice review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

The author seems to give some very good advice on buying a home. They have done the research so that you don’t have to. There are several things that have to be purchased when getting a new home that you don’t think about. At least we didn’t. Thanks!
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This is really helpful as we all know buying a home is a great investment . No one wants to be frauded or scammed. You are right , to buy a home we need more than just to afford it , there's things that need to be considered first before the closing process. Great review though
Be yourself and nothing less
Christian Jordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

Diana Donnelly's "Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating Through the Mortgage Loan Process" offers crucial tips for first-time homebuyers, covering financial and other essential factors beyond just money.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating Through the Mortgage Loan Process" by Diana Donnelly sounds like a valuable resource for potential first-time homebuyers.
Christian Jordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

**Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating Through the Mortgage Loan Process** by Diana Donnelly offers valuable tips for first-time homebuyers. This comprehensive guide is a must-read for anyone entering the housing market.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating Through the Mortgage Loan Process by Diana Donnelly sounds like a comprehensive guide that offers invaluable insights for prospective first-time homebuyers. Donnelly covers a wide array of topics, emphasizing that purchasing a house involves more than just financial considerations—it requires careful consideration of various factors.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”