Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christian Jordan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Christian Jordan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Michelle Cummings' The Reel Sisters reels readers into a captivating narrative that celebrates the bonds of friendship, adventure, and self-discovery. Set against the picturesque backdrop of Salida, Colorado, the novel follows the lives of five remarkable women united by their love for fly fishing.

Rose, the matriarch of the group, embodies wisdom and warmth, crafting exquisite quilts alongside her role as hostess extraordinaire at her cabin retreat. Sophie, nurturing and selfless, tends to her greenhouse and nursery while placing the needs of others above her own. Veronica, a beacon of empowerment, coaches women to reach new heights in leadership, all while balancing a dynamic life with her restaurateur husband, Thatcher. Meanwhile, Amanda, a devoted teacher and mother, faces the challenges of raising her children while supporting her husband, Mike, who serves overseas.

Their idyllic fishing getaways are interrupted by a chance encounter with Melody, a mysterious loner whose presence adds a new dimension to their tight-knit sisterhood. As Melody integrates into the group, her hidden talents and unique perspective enrich their lives in unexpected ways.

Cummings masterfully weaves a tale of resilience, camaraderie, and growth as these women navigate life's currents together. The Reel Sisters is a testament to the power of friendship, reminding readers that true connections transcend backgrounds and challenges. Prepare to be hooked by this heartfelt story of female solidarity and the transformative journey of self-discovery.

While The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings offers a compelling narrative of friendship and self-discovery, it's important to note that the book contains flaws. However, these minor imperfections do not detract significantly from the overall enjoyment and depth of the story, and I couldn't find any reason to dislike the book any further. The Reel Sisters earn a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to readers seeking heartfelt stories of friendship and self-discovery, despite minor errors. The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings captivates with its camaraderie and adventure.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

The Reel Sisters captivates with its well-drawn characters and their diverse, yet interconnected, lives, making it a compelling read for anyone who values friendship and resilience.
Scholastica Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Breaking the Mold
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scholastica-daniel.html
Latest Review: If... and other stories by Claire Frieze

Post by Scholastica Daniel »

Any story that talk about friendship especially one that solely linked by a genuine interest in an activities is a good book for me. I don't know much about flyfishing but I will like to find out.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Chad Anthony »

This is friendship worth emulating. Learning and growing together sounds fun. I love the sport, flyfishing and wish to try it someday. Thank you for writing so well.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Daberechi Precious »

Real sisters is one of my favourite books, your review was so detailed and educating. This book thought my a lot about friendship.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings immerses readers in a heartwarming narrative set in Salida, Colorado, where five women bond over their shared love for fly fishing.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings celebrates friendship, adventure, and self-discovery among five remarkable women bonded by their love for fly fishing in the scenic setting of Salida, Colorado.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings offers a refreshing take on friendship and adventure as five women unite over their shared passion for fly fishing against the backdrop of picturesque Salida, Colorado.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

I love the central theme or idea of The Reel Sisters the plot is straightforward and was portrayed in an easy and understandable manner. The bonds and friendship in this book is great and worth emulating. Welldone.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I appreciated Michelle Cummings' depiction of female friendship in this book. I especially like that five of them had no preference for the other. They recognized each other's flaws and strengths and still forged forward in their bond over a common love for the sport, fly fishing.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Michelle Cummings' "The Reel Sisters" paints a vivid portrait of friendship, adventure, and self-discovery against the stunning backdrop of Salida, Colorado. Through the lives of five extraordinary women bonded by their shared passion for fly fishing, the novel explores themes of camaraderie, resilience, and personal growth.
AGBATA DONALD Chidera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-chidera.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AGBATA DONALD Chidera »

"The Reel Sisters" is a captivating tale that explores the richly detailed lives of its characters, each with their unique experiences and connections. This heartfelt story celebrates the power of friendship and resilience, making it a must-read for anyone who cherishes meaningful relationships.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

The book highlights the transformative power of friendship and the importance of support in personal growth through the shared experience of fly fishing. The diverse characters and their relatable struggles add depth, making it a captivating read.
Elendu Treasure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-treasure.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Elendu Treasure »

I adore The Reel Sisters' main concept or subject. The storyline is simple and was presented in an approachable and clear way. This novel has wonderful friendships and ties that are worth modeling. Excellent work.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

Michelle Cummings' "The Reel Sisters" presents a captivating story of friendship, adventure, and self-discovery that resonates with readers. Set against the picturesque backdrop of Salida, Colorado, the novel introduces five remarkable women united by their love for fly fishing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”