Review of Twisted Threads

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Review of Twisted Threads

Post by Esther Unurhie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren is a gripping tale following Akira's journey as she navigates a dangerous mission to assassinate a British couple on a Caribbean cruise. She was left ensnared in a web of deceit and betrayal. As Akira delves deeper into the mission, she forms a forbidden romance with Devon, the nephew of one of her targets, while uncovering shocking truths about her past and the sinister forces at play. With twists and turns at every corner, the story culminates in a thrilling showdown as Akira confronts her enemies and discovers her true destiny, finding love and redemption amidst the chaos. 

"Twisted Threads" is a riveting thriller that keeps readers on the edge of their seats from start to finish. Kaylin McFarren masterfully weaves together plotlines, complex characters, and unexpected twists, creating a story that is both suspenseful and emotionally engaging. The blend of action, romance, and mystery adds depth to the narrative, while the vivid descriptions of settings and characters immerse readers in the world of the Zakura-kai clan and the Caribbean cruise ship. 

My favorite aspect of this is the character development. Each character, from the enigmatic Akira to the conflicted Devon, is crafted with depth and complexity, making them feel real and relatable. Their motivations, desires, and flaws drive the narrative forward, creating rich personalities that add depth to the story. Additionally, the relationships between the characters, particularly the forbidden romance between Akira and Devon, add layers of tension and emotion to the plot, keeping readers invested in their fates until the very end.

I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for its gripping thrillers with elements of romance and mystery. The book offers a captivating reading experience that will leave audiences eagerly turning pages until the very end. I have no single dislike for this book. The book is expertly edited. 

I would highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy thrilling suspense novels with a touch of romance and mystery.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Chad Anthony »

Okay! I would definitely see this book as a movie. The thrilling part of the was the romance part and I'm glad with your review. Thanks for writing well.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

Kaylin McFarren is an author with talent. I've read one of her books, Soul Seeker, and it was good. I have no doubt that this story about Akira and her mission would be a good intrigue too.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: His Final Answer by Christopher D White & Jennifer Curran

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Twisted Threads" is a gripping rollercoaster ride of suspense and romance, with unexpected twists that will keep you guessing until the very end. A must-read for thriller enthusiasts!
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

The story culminates in a thrilling showdown where Akira confronts her enemies and discovers her true destiny. This riveting thriller keeps readers on the edge of their seats.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Kaylin McFarren masterfully blends action, romance, and mystery in "Twisted Threads," creating a suspenseful and emotionally engaging narrative.
Scholastica Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Breaking the Mold
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scholastica-daniel.html
Latest Review: If... and other stories by Claire Frieze

Post by Scholastica Daniel »

It looks like a simple assassination mission because complex because of an unlikely romantic affair. Based on this review the story has depth in themes of character development and suspense. I will like to check it out.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

"Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren is a captivating thriller that follows Akira on a perilous mission aboard a Caribbean cruise. The book expertly blends action, romance, and mystery, keeping readers enthralled with its complex characters and surprising twists. A must-read for fans of suspenseful and emotionally engaging stories.
Elendu Treasure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-treasure.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Elendu Treasure »

The gripping thriller "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren follows Akira on a dangerous mission while on a Caribbean cruise. The novel deftly combines mystery, romance, and action, and its nuanced characters and unexpected turns will keep readers captivated. A must-read for readers who enjoy gripping, emotionally charged novels.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

Assassin on a cruise with a forbidden romance? The twists and turns you describe keep me guessing. I love how McFarren blends action, romance, and mystery – that's the perfect recipe for a captivating read. Character development is huge for me, and the depth you describe in Akira and Devon makes me want to jump right in. Thanks for the stellar review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”