Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Badger Martin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is a book that explains creation in quite a unique way. It offers a refreshing take on the origin of the universe. Through a blend of artistic creativity and intellect, the author challenges conventional notions of cosmic genesis, inviting readers to an imaginative exploration of existence.

Theodil, a fiction-like figure, takes center stage as he crafts the cosmos before a skeptical committee. Using Zots and Xoodles, Theodil intricately sculpts the universe, each creation met with curiosity and doubt. Through a fictional description, the author seamlessly combines elements of physics, chemistry, mathematics, and philosophy, unraveling the complexities of existence in a thought-provoking manner.

The uniqueness of this book is one thing I admire. This book captures a concept that is not very common. It presents a fresh perspective on the age-old question of creation. The fusion of scientific concepts with imaginative storytelling added depth to the narrative. I so much appreciated the fact that this book was short and well organized. 

However, despite how short this book is, it is one of the most complex books I have ever read. While the illustrations tried to enhance comprehension, some readers may find themselves grappling with the intricacies of the author's theories, requiring multiple readings to fully understand the author’s message. However, readers who do not have a background in science will find this book to be very difficult. This book's complexity poses a challenge, with technical terminology and lengthy sentences occasionally hindering readability, and for this reason, I will take a star off this book. This book was, to a large extent, very well edited, as I found just one error in it.

I will rate "Of Zots and Xoodles" 4 out of 5 stars. Despite its challenges, the book's brilliance shines through in the author’s imaginative writing. I recommend this book to readers seeking a unique blend of science fiction and fantasy.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Onwuesi Promise
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onwuesi-promise.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Onwuesi Promise »

Knowing about the universe and reading stories about the Earth is any reader's favourite. Many people question existence and I believe books like this is recommendable to them including I, myself.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: I'd Rather Be Dead Than Deaf by E. Adrienne Wilson

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I will like to read a book as this that explains creation in quite a unique way and offers a refreshing take on the origin of the universe.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Daberechi Precious »

I have read this book, but your review is really nice and I would love to know more about this book. Good review you have here.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

Your review has already done justice in breaking down the qualities of the book. Your likes and dislikes already proves the clarity in the review. I'm looking forward to reading this book.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

Nice book. Despite the complex nature of this book, it was nevertheless a great read
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed offers a refreshing and imaginative take on the creation of the universe. Through the character of Theodil and his use of Zots and Xoodles, the author presents a unique and creative approach to cosmic genesis.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

"Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is a refreshingly unique take on the origin of the universe. The blend of scientific concepts with imaginative storytelling makes for a thought-provoking read. While its complexity might pose a challenge, especially for those without a science background, the book's creativity and depth are truly captivating. A solid recommendation for those who enjoy a mix of science fiction and philosophical exploration.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, *Of Zots and Xoodles* by Zarqnon the Embarrassed intrigues me with its unique and imaginative take on the creation of the universe, blending artistic creativity with scientific concepts. The story of Theodil, who crafts the cosmos using Zots and Xoodles before a skeptical committee, promises a refreshing perspective on cosmic genesis that combines elements of physics, chemistry, mathematics, and philosophy. While the book's complexity and technical terminology might pose a challenge, its imaginative storytelling and fresh approach to an age-old question make it an enticing read for those who appreciate a blend of science fiction and fantasy. Despite the potential difficulty, the short and well-organized narrative seems to offer a rewarding exploration of existence.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”