Review of Somawise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Review of Somawise

Post by Sunday N Florence »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Somawise" by Luke Sniewski.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Somawise: Get Out of Your Head, Get into Your Body" by Dr. Luke Sniewski advocates for reconnecting with our bodies to achieve holistic health and authentic change. Divided into nine chapters, the book begins with an introduction to the concept of somawise, emphasizing the importance of listening to our bodies over our thoughts. Subsequent chapters delve into tools for reconnecting with the body, including creating a healthy environment, embracing stillness, and practicing radical self-acceptance. The author shares personal experiences and provides practical guidance, urging readers to prioritize their physical and emotional well-being. The book detailed insights on navigating relationships, healing trauma, and adopting somawise as a new way of being, emphasizing the need for mindful solitude and self-awareness.

"Somawise: Get Out of Your Head, Get into Your Body" offers a refreshing perspective on holistic health and personal growth. Dr. Luke Sniewski's emphasis on listening to our bodies and prioritizing physical and emotional well-being resonates deeply in a society often dominated by mental chatter. Through practical tools, the book guides readers toward reconnecting with their bodies and embracing radical self-acceptance. While some concepts, such as the inclusion of controversial practices like Ayahuasca, may spark debate, the overall message of mindfulness, self-awareness, and authentic change shines through. "Somawise" serves as a valuable resource for anyone seeking to cultivate a deeper connection with themselves and navigate life with greater clarity and purpose.

My favorite aspect of this book is the emphasis on radical self-acceptance. Dr. Luke Sniewski's exploration of how self-judgment and criticism hinder our healing process resonates deeply. By encouraging readers to embrace themselves as they are, the book offers a powerful message of liberation and empowerment. It highlights the importance of cultivating compassion for oneself, ultimately paving the way for authentic transformation and growth. I found nothing to dislike in the book. Also, the book is perfectly edited.

I would rate this book five out of five stars for its insightful exploration of holistic health and personal growth. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking to deepen their understanding of holistic health, mindfulness, and personal growth. 

Somawise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

The mention of practical tools and personal experiences shared by Dr. Sniewski adds credibility and relatability to the review.
Ahmad malik 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ahmad malik 2 »

"Somawise" by Luke Sniewski, reviewed by Sunday N Florence, emphasizes holistic well-being through somatic awareness and mindfulness. It highlights how the body holds keys to managing stress, anxiety, and trauma. Sniewski's concept of "conscious discomfort" encourages embracing physical sensations for resilience. The book is praised for practical tools and questions to enhance body awareness, offering a valuable guide for personal growth and healing
Christian Jordan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

"Somawise: Get Out of Your Head, Get into Your Body" by Dr. Luke Sniewski promotes holistic health through reconnecting with our bodies. It guides readers through tools for self-awareness, embracing stillness, and prioritizing physical and emotional well-being.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

Self acceptance is always the best while self judgement and criticism have negative effects. Your review is wonderful.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Somawise: Get Out of Your Head, Get into Your Body" by Dr. Luke Sniewski offers a transformative approach to well-being by advocating for a deeper connection with our physical selves.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, this review of "Somawise: Get Out of Your Head, Get into Your Body" by Dr. Luke Sniewski paints a compelling picture of a book focused on holistic health and self-awareness. The emphasis on reconnecting with one's body and embracing radical self-acceptance is particularly appealing in today's fast-paced, often mentally exhausting world. The practical tools and personal experiences shared by the author suggest a hands-on, relatable approach to achieving holistic well-being. While the inclusion of controversial practices like Ayahuasca might provoke mixed feelings, the book's overarching themes of mindfulness and authentic change are undeniably attractive. Given its perfect editing and profound insights, it seems like an excellent resource for anyone interested in personal growth and holistic health.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

I particularly appreciate the book's exploration of radical self-acceptance, which highlights how self-judgment can hinder our healing process. By encouraging readers to embrace themselves as they are, the book offers a powerful message of empowerment and liberation. With its insightful exploration of holistic health and personal growth.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

Great review you have here. I love the plot of the book. The writing style and everything was great in this book. Well-done.
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Esther Deekor »

This book advocates reconnecting with our bodies for better health; this approach sounds rewarding because most times, our bodies tells us things that might be wrong with it and we sometimes neglect this which can have dire repercussions.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Guilty of Stealing His Heart by Nancy Lynn White

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Wow! Listening to my body over my thought? That's new for me, I'm adding this to my shelf as well! I can't wait to read this book!
AGBATA DONALD Chidera
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-chidera.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AGBATA DONALD Chidera »

Self-acceptance is a powerful tool for personal growth and well-being, while self-judgment and criticism can be harmful and hold us back.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”