Review of Adrift

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Review of Adrift

Post by Sunday N Florence »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon is a gripping tale of survival and adventure at sea. When the Seattle Express, a massive container ship, catches fire in the Gulf of Alaska, Captain Steve and his crew face a perilous journey to safety in two lifeboats amidst treacherous waves. Meanwhile, Larry and Louise, employees of a struggling salvage company, see an opportunity to save their business by rescuing the burning ship. As the two groups navigate the chaos, unexpected twists and turns keep the reader on the edge of their seat. With high stakes and a thrilling narrative, "Adrift" is a captivating read that defies expectations and delivers an unforgettable experience.

This book is a captivating and suspenseful novel that keeps readers engaged throughout the reading experience. The author's ability to create tension and uncertainty, combined with vivid character portrayals and nautical details, adds depth to the story. The scene where Larry and Louise embark on their rescue mission, despite the looming risks, showcases their determination and adds to the overall suspense of the narrative. The author's inventive storytelling and attention to detail contribute to the novel's appeal, making it an unforgettable read even for those who may not typically gravitate toward such stories.

There is nothing in this book that I dislike. The book not only delivers an engaging narrative but also provides valuable insights into the maritime industry with its technical descriptions and accurate portrayal of ship terminology. The author's attention to detail, inventive storytelling, and exceptional editing contribute to the book's overall excellence. I appreciate the author's skillful weaving of suspense as well as the vivid depiction of characters and their emotions, reflecting the book's immersive quality.

I rate the book five out of five stars because of the suspenseful contents and numerous lessons in it. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a thrilling and well-written adventure novel.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

With its vivid characterizations, tense plot twists, and meticulous attention to nautical detail, "Adrift" delivers a captivating reading experience that will leave readers on the edge of their seats until the very last page.
Christian Jordan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

"Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon is a gripping tale of survival at sea. When a container ship catches fire, Captain Steve and his crew face peril while Larry and Louise see a salvage opportunity. With high stakes and unexpected twists, it's a captivating read.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

Your review is great! "Adrift" is more than just a thrilling adventure. The technical details offer a glimpse into the world of maritime operations. The author's meticulous attention to detail and exceptional editing elevate this novel. I particularly enjoyed the immersive quality, achieved through the skillful weaving of suspense and the portrayal of raw emotions experienced by the characters.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon immerses readers in a heart-pounding tale of survival and bravery on the open sea. As the Seattle Express succumbs to flames, Captain Steve and his crew, along with salvage company employees Larry and Louise, are thrust into a harrowing struggle for survival.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, the review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon portrays a thrilling and immersive adventure novel set amidst the dangers of the sea. The gripping narrative, filled with tension and unexpected twists, promises an exhilarating reading experience that will keep readers on the edge of their seats. The author's attention to detail and vivid character portrayals enhance the story's depth and realism, while also providing valuable insights into the maritime industry. The absence of dislikes in the review and the praise for the book's suspenseful storytelling and technical accuracy further highlight its excellence. With its engaging narrative and well-crafted suspense, "Adrift" seems like a must-read for anyone seeking a thrilling adventure novel.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

Larry and Louise embark on a risky rescue mission, intertwining their fate with the burning ship's crew in a race against time. It is a must-read for fans of adventure and maritime fiction, offering valuable insights alongside its thrilling storyline.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

The absence of dislikes in the review and the praise for the book's suspenseful storytelling and technical accuracy further highlight its excellence. Well done
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Esther Deekor »

I look forward to a good suspense filled book and "Adrift", passes as one from your review. Although, I wonder how Larry and Louise's decision to save the burning ship would save their business.
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

Being stranded amidst the ocean is a primal fear of many. Especially when it's something that has happened before (I hear the real-life incidents are pretty nasty too). It could even happen to you when you're on a ship. This book is definitely going into my collection.
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:
AGBATA DONALD Chidera
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-chidera.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AGBATA DONALD Chidera »

Larry and Louise's perilous rescue attempt binds their destiny to the imperiled crew, unfolding a tense, time-sensitive saga that will captivate enthusiasts of adventure and nautical fiction, delivering both excitement and profound lessons.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”