Review of Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jones Mwaniki
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jones-mwaniki.html
Latest Review: It's None of Your Business by Jordan K. Michaels
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 300%

Re: Review of Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid

Post by Jones Mwaniki »

This review tells me that this work is informative. Having read it, I think it would be beneficial to anyone who is related to/knows a veteran, including the veteran themselves. At least to ensure the veteran's right to receiving their benefits are not hindered in a way. I believe it also represents a picture of what happens after serving in the army, which is important to know as well.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

It's about war-hero's, their life is to be read, because of their struggle, sacrifices, how much gave themselves to country and for well being of civillian.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: Entanglement
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Blockhead by Kyle J.S. Bardell

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Honestly, the more I read about the topic the more horrified I am at the American military. Even in the best case scenario, these men risked their lives for the sake of a country which didn't even care enough about them to grant them a good life after. Just sad and unfair. It's nice that there are books like this one shedding light on the situation. Thanks for your review!
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Ludovica Peruzzi wrote: 23 May 2024, 18:48 Honestly, the more I read about the topic the more horrified I am at the American military. Even in the best case scenario, these men risked their lives for the sake of a country which didn't even care enough about them to grant them a good life after. Just sad and unfair. It's nice that there are books like this one shedding light on the situation. Thanks for your review!
Ludovica, I read your post with much interest. I should tell you guys that I lived for years on the campus of a Veteran’s Hospital in the United States. The amount of resources and effort that goes into attempting veterans’ care - it is remarkable, but the mental health challenges are vast. One thing that’s interesting is that this current generation is the first that hasn’t had a large-scale infantry war. PTSD should drop down in this military generation. I pray it does. Until then, so glad that books and reviews like this one exist!
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review reflects on the eye-opening insights gained from a novel about the Vietnam War, highlighting the complexities veterans face in navigating their rights. It appreciates the book's comprehensive coverage of VA entitlements and administrative requirements, including education scholarships and mental health assistance, which are particularly valuable considering the challenges veterans endure. Despite flawless editing, the rating of 5 out of 5 is attributed to the author's intention to aid veterans and the inclusion of extensive sources for further information. The reviewer suggests incorporating more personal stories and case studies to enhance reader understanding, but overall, praises the book as a valuable resource for veterans and their families.
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

An avenue of existence I have not dwelled on.
I am not in favor of war. I believe there are better ways to solve matters. However, such is the world.
Your review sheds insight on the offerings of a well-serving book for those dealing with the violation of their rights and trauma.
I sincerely hope veterans and relevant family members grab the valuable insight Jason Pike has put forth in this book.
Congratulations to the author!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”