Review of life.............connected

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Silo 42: Deception by Zev Paiss
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 660%

Re: Review of life.............connected

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thanks for your review, Tomy. Sometimes, I find it difficult to read these types of book. They can explain major elements about religion. The risk is what you mention, a collection of suggestions a bit difficult to understand.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

we may have crossed the path with another wrong tittle book. It really confuses us, to know there is different element when reading the story. How much ever solid the content be, it is wek in editing or organize process, it won't deliver the message in same intensity like the base theme.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: Entanglement
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Blockhead by Kyle J.S. Bardell

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I don't really like religious books, but since you were interested in learning more about Christianity I hope the book was still somewhat useful to you, as disjointed as it was. Though from what you've said, this might be a case of the title not matching the contents, which is a shame. I have to admit even from reading your review, the book looks very confusing. Thanks for writing this!
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 10:03 [Following is a volunteer review of "life.............connected" by jacksel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book tells the story of Jacksen's struggle in his personal journey related to belief, self-discovery, and interpreting life experiences. In this book, the author shares many of his opinions on various things he has observed and understood in his life. 

As a Buddhist, I was interested because the title promised a deeper discussion about Christianity.

However, when I started reading, even from the beginning, I found it difficult to understand the author's writing, which seemed not to have been well organized. Many parts appeared disjointed from one another.

The book feels like a collection of the author's advice and recommendations on various life-related topics. Sometimes he talks about his journey, sometimes about movies he's watched, sometimes about a military figure, wars, and weapons. He often relates stories about history he's seen in movies and includes some quotes.

I appreciate the author's effort to share his experiences over time, especially through various photo snippets, newspaper clippings, or good quotes he's read along with the year he experienced them. It feels intimate, like reading the memoir of someone close to us.

This book has an flawless editing. I give this book a rating of 3 out of 5. My difficulty in understanding and following the author's train of thought is the reason for this rating. I'm not sure if this is due to the format provided, but the font choice and paragraph arrangement are messy.

From one paragraph to another, sometimes the discussed themes seem mismatched. The author seems to pour out his thoughts directly onto paper, write them down, and then send them straight to the publisher without deeper revision.

Moreover, this book's shortcoming also lies in the mismatch between the title and its content, where it should have discussed Christianity.

Perhaps this book would be more appropriately titled as a memoir about his life experiences and how his journey intertwines with the beliefs he holds.

life.............connected
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
This might be the most transparent and enlightening review I’ve read in OLBC in some time. I love how T is so benevolent and compassionate in reviewing a book that was soaring for the spiritual stars in its aspiration. That is a very cool thing. I’ve never written a book. But if I ever did, I’d want someone like T reviewing it. :)
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review offers honest feedback on the book's organization and content, noting its disjointed structure and mismatched themes. While appreciating the author's personal insights and the intimate touch of including snippets and quotes, the reviewer struggles with understanding the train of thought and the lack of deeper revision. The discrepancy between the title's promise of a deeper discussion on Christianity and the book's content is also highlighted. Despite flawless editing, the rating of 3 out of 5 reflects these challenges in comprehension and alignment with expectations.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am sorry that this book did not meet your expectations. It shouldn’t have advertised itself as a book regarding Christianity when it was so definitely not. Thanks!
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Thank you for your honest review.
I wonder if the author intended to express thought as is and purposefully not create coherent information.
The Title, " Review of Life .....connected", perhaps leaves the reader to connect the dots 🤔
An interesting review on a a book that leaves one with much to ponder in so many ways.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”