Review of In It Together

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of In It Together

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "In It Together" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When I first read the title of the book 'In It Together,' I thought to myself that the title sounded rather romantic for a philosophical book. But then the subtitle, 'The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All,' drove the point home. In "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes, the author delivers a message of unifying love.

The book explores the problems we all face in this world, such as hunger, crime, war, and self-destruction. What really caught my attention in the early chapters was the ironic contrast and similarity of human self-destruction. The fact that 10,000 children die per day due to hunger is similar yet opposite to the fact that 8,000 people die each day from eating too much (obesity).

Then the book looks at evil, what it is, and the possibility that it doesn't even exist. I completely agree with Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn when he says that the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. At this point, one naturally wants the solution to this reality. This can be found in this amazing book.

It actually took me a while to fully digest everything in the book. I'm glad I finally did. There are so many insights, so much knowledge, a shift in perception, and the discovery of inner peace, all presented in a way that can feel overwhelming at first. It took time, but I am grateful I read the book.

One of the concepts I found very difficult to understand earlier was "There Is No Problem of Evil." However, after revisiting the chapter a couple of times, it sank in, and I finally understood. It's like what happens in everyday life: the greater the evil you have to overcome to get something done, the greater the pleasure of victory. Good and evil are not opposites; they lie side by side.

The journey to find inner beauty and hence inner peace can be difficult, but in this book, Eckhart brings it all together: the pain, the struggles, the doubt, and the much-needed love. When it comes to this journey of self-discovery and inner peace, my favorite quote is the serenity prayer on page 144: "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

The author did a great job with this book. He explored themes of self-destruction, pain, evil, love, and inner peace, ultimately crafting a healing message for the whole world. For the reasons above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. There's nothing I disliked about it, and it was perfectly edited; I didn't find any errors. I highly recommend this book to anyone who seeks truth and inner peace.

In It Together
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: His Final Answer by Christopher D White & Jennifer Curran

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

In 'In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All' by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes, the author masterfully explores the dichotomy of human existence through a lens of philosophical inquiry and unifying love.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes appears to be a profound and thought-provoking exploration of the human condition. The book’s deep dive into the dualities of good and evil, self-destruction, and the quest for inner peace is compelling. The way the author addresses global issues with a unifying message of love and the insights provided on overcoming personal and societal struggles resonate strongly. The positive reception and the transformative impact highlighted in the review make it a highly appealing read for anyone seeking deeper understanding and inner tranquility.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

Through insightful exploration of global issues like hunger and self-destruction, "In It Together" sheds light on the ironic yet poignant similarities and contrasts in human struggles, prompting readers to ponder the existence of evil and seek solutions to universal challenges.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”