Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlin Bryant
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

[Following is a volunteer review of "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola is a children's book that aims to teach young children the true meaning of Christmas. The book begins with a scripture from the Bible in Luke, where Mary is told that she will birth Jesus, the Son of God. We then follow Mary through the story of Jesus' birth to when Mary and Joseph have to flee to Egypt for safety. 

This sweet children's book takes us through the story of Mary and Joseph and the birth of Jesus in a way that children can understand and enjoy. Throughout the book, there are multiple scripture references that I really appreciated. The artwork is cute and fun and would capture the attention of children as the book is read to them. In addition, I appreciated the questions at the end of the book on page 26. These questions will help parents further the Christmas discussion. Page 26 includes questions such as "Why do Christians celebrate Christmas?".

I gave I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola 5 out of 5 stars because I thought it was such an enjoyable read. I found no grammatical errors while reading this book; it seems to have been professionally edited. I also did not find anything I would change about this book. I think this is the perfect Christmas book to read to children to teach them the reason why we celebrate Christmas. 

As a Christian parent, I think this is a great book to read to children at Christmas, to remind myself and my children what the true meaning of Christmas is and why we celebrate it each year. It would also make a great gift for other families at Christmas time. I would recommend I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola to Christian parents who want to bring the true meaning of Christmas to their children in a simple, easy-to-understand way.

I Wonder Why It's Christmas
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”