Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Badger Martin »

Tina's adventure and her amazing show of strength is a huge inspiration to everyone especially women who come across this book. This book was worth the shot and I highly recommend it.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

One thing I love about this book is that it perfectly blends storytelling and self reflection. The author did a great work of handling heavy themes with positive tunes. Thanks for the review.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

Your review is a great read. The author perfectly blends storytelling and self reflection in such a way that invokes self reflection from the reader.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

Tina Dreffin's memoir is a beautifully crafted narrative that skillfully balances heavy themes with moments of joy and humor. Her storytelling prowess makes this book an engaging read for anyone interested in adventure, travel, and personal growth. The vivid descriptions and relatable writing style bring Tina's journey to life, making it easy to connect with her struggles and triumphs. The balance between technical sailing terms and emotional depth is masterfully handled.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, "Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" by Tina Dreffin seems like a deeply moving and adventurous memoir. The review highlights Tina's powerful journey of healing from past traumas while navigating the challenges and beauty of life at sea. The blend of personal reflection, family dynamics, and thrilling voyages promises an engaging and multifaceted narrative. The author's ability to balance heavy themes with a positive tone, alongside vivid and relatable storytelling, makes it an appealing read for anyone interested in adventure, resilience, and personal growth. This book sounds perfect for those who love nature, travel, and inspiring true stories.
Onyinyechi Obi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-obi.html
Latest Review: The Assignment by Shayla C. Freeman

Post by Onyinyechi Obi »

Tina did go through a lot and I can only say that she deserves everything good thing of life. This is a very detailed review.
Silas Saint
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silas-saint.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Silas Saint »

Tina Dreffin's 'Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa' is a deeply moving and inspiring memoir that chronicles her quest for healing and redemption after enduring severe personal traumas. The journey across the South Pacific Ocean, encouraged by her supportive husband Peter, is more than just a physical voyage; it's an emotional and spiritual expedition that showcases Tina's remarkable resilience.
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Esther Deekor »

Even with the luxury of going on these adventures, she had her own story. And I believe everything she went through was a stepping stone to her current life and I like the fact that she didn't let her past weigh her down.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”