Review of Adrift

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Review of Adrift

Post by Ajain12 »

Your review is incredibly detailed and paints a vivid picture of the book's strengths, from its gripping narrative to its well-developed characters. It's clear that you were thoroughly engrossed in the story and appreciated the author's skill in crafting tension and suspense. Your praise for the technical details and the comprehensive exploration of the maritime industry highlights the depth of research and authenticity in the book. It's great to see that you couldn't find any dislikes and that you're giving it a full five-star rating. Your recommendation will surely help others discover and enjoy this thrilling tale of survival at sea.
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"Adrift" sounds like an intense and captivating read! The combination of perilous sea adventures, survival struggles, and characters facing moral dilemmas makes for a compelling storyline. Have you read it yourself, or is it on your reading list?
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Shadow in the Ward by Ari Gray

Post by williams Emerald »

Your review of ‘Adrift’ makes it clear why it’s such a compelling read. I appreciate how you highlighted the author’s skill in building tension and creating engaging characters. It’s refreshing to find a book that exceeds expectations on all fronts.
Dennis W Alice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennis-w-alice.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Dennis W Alice »

Wow, I enjoyed this review. This book will captivates readers with its thrilling suspense and complex characters, making it a must-read for all.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

This sounds really good to read. I hope the book is worth it. Thanks for this engaging and captivating review.
Dominico Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominico-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Dominico Emezuru »

"Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon is a book for many of us who ate not quite familiar with the perils at sea. Many may think sea travel or journeys are all sweet and fun, but as you could see in this book, there are quite sometimes where things turn around and you just have to fight for survival.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Shadow in the Ward by Ari Gray

Post by williams Emerald »

Your praise for the detailed technical descriptions of ships in ‘Adrift’ shows the author’s commitment to authenticity. As someone fascinated by maritime industry intricacies, I’m excited to dive into a book that offers such immersive insights. Thanks for the recommendation!
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: Raw Deal by Lee Fishman

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

"Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon sounds like a riveting tale of survival and redemption amidst perilous circumstances at sea. The gripping narrative, following Captain Steve and his crew as they struggle for survival aboard the Seattle Express, promises intense suspense and unexpected twists. The intertwined fate of Larry and Louise adds depth to the story, as they risk everything to save their company from bankruptcy. The author's skillful storytelling and vivid depiction of characters' emotions keep readers engaged from start to finish, making it a must-read for fans of adventure and suspense.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

Nice review you've here . I will give this a pass. Well done.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

What I loved most about this book was the suspense built in it. It was indeed a captivating read for me
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Badger Martin »

This book envices a quest for redemption. The characters were engaging and well developed. Your review was also detailed.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

I am trying to imagine this, trying to survive on a shop that is ablaze. That must be unimaginably hard. This sounds like an interesting story. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

Larry and Louise's resilience and determination to save their company make them standout characters, showcasing the power of human spirit in the face of adversity. Sheldon's vivid depiction of their journey adds depth to the story, drawing readers into their struggle for redemption.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon sounds like an incredibly gripping and suspenseful novel. The harrowing adventures of Captain Steve and his crew, along with the determined efforts of Larry and Louise to save their salvage company, promise a story filled with tension, peril, and unexpected twists. The vivid character development and detailed depiction of the maritime industry add depth to the narrative, making it not only thrilling but also informative. With its expertly crafted suspense and engaging characters, this book seems perfect for anyone who loves adventure, maritime tales, or high-stakes drama. The praise for the author's writing style and the excellent editing further enhance its appeal, making it a must-read.
Onyinyechi Obi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-obi.html
Latest Review: The Assignment by Shayla C. Freeman

Post by Onyinyechi Obi »

This looks like an interesting read. Your review should piqued my curiosity and I can’t wait to find out how a lot of things turned out in this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”