Review of Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Terry Kimble
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: Full Circle by Sam Bierstock

Review of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Terry Kimble »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mirko Beljanski, PhD, was a biologist-biochemist who joined the Pasteur Institute in Paris, France, as Director of Research in 1951. He and his wife Monique, a research engineer, believed in the potential for a less toxic avenue of treating cancer and other chronic diseases than the current conventional treatments. They turned to nature in their quest to find a more merciful solution.

In Mirko Baljanski’s search for natural compounds, he discovered that the bark of a tree native to the Amazon— Pao pereira, and an African root bark—Rauwolfia vomitoria, contained anti-cancer and anti-viral properties. He created extracts from the woody medicinals for clinical studies. The extracts proved to be safe and effective in vitro and in vivo. They were revealed to work synergistically in halting the replication of cancer cells while leaving healthy cells alone. And what’s more, Dr. Baljanski found that Pao pereira effectively damaged cancer stem cells, which conventional chemotherapy perilously leaves behind! The cancer stem cells are responsible for tumor metastasis and recurrence. The extracts also accelerated the replacement of white blood cells and platelets in patients undergoing cancer therapies, so he created the extracts to complement conventional chemotherapy and radiation therapies. Dr. Baljanski also found that his Ginkgo Biloba extract helped prevent abnormal scar tissue formation from radiation or surgery. Many cancer patients showed remarkable results while using the extracts and were too happy to share their exciting news!

Then, in 1996, Dr. Baljanski’s daughter, Sylvie, an attorney living in New York, received a phone call telling her that the French government had arrested her parents. Military units, without a warrant, had forcibly taken her parents into custody and seized the entirety of her father’s extracts and research. Horrified and wanting to help her parents, Sylvie began looking into the case against them. What she discovered was shocking. Not only was her father’s research vigorously concealed, but unlawful destruction of patient testimonials and threats of arrests were tossed around to anyone speaking of, using, or sharing the doctor’s extracts.

Winning the War on Cancer is author Sylvie Baljanski’s first-hand account and research detailing her father’s discoveries and progression from 1951 to the horrific events that transpired in 1996 and the current status of the extracts today. The book exposes somber truths surrounding the world’s medical industry, which profits from treating symptoms, not cures. Scientists cannot patent nature; therefore, natural remedies do not provide lucrative monopolies for pharmaceutical companies.

In this book, Sylvie Baljanski reveals the corruption of the medical establishment and the pharmaceutical companies’ voracious appetite for power and profit-over-people mentality. Read about how the author worked with scientists, doctors, and previous patients of her fathers to establish the Baljanski Foundation and bravely reintroduced the life-enhancing extracts for public use. Find out why the world’s medical establishment and governments want nothing to do with a natural cure for cancer and other chronic diseases in Winning the War on Cancer.

There was nothing for me to reprove about this book. It tells a true story of the lengths the medical industry and government will go to shun and shut down natural healing modalities. I recommend it to readers concerned about our “healthcare” system and who want to learn more about Dr. Baljanski’s extracts. Winning the War on Cancer is a potent and straightforward read. It shines a light on Mirko Baljanski’s work, placing it within the view of the public, conscientious physicians, and environmental scientists worldwide. The book is exceptionally well-referenced and flawlessly edited. Learning about Mirko Baljanski’s work and his concern for humanity was an honor. I would not give this book any less than 5 out of 5 stars.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Claudia Angelucci
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudia-angelucci.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Claudia Angelucci »

Thank you for such an insightful review of this fascinating book, Terry! Despite having seen the title before, I never took the time to check its content until now. I must confess, I had assumed it was about survivors or something entirely different. What a pleasant surprise! It's refreshing to see a narrative that sheds light on the consequences of dishonest, profit-driven corporations at the expense of people. Your review has convinced me to add this book to my reading list. All the best, Terry!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

There is a certain expectation hat any cancer treatment should be very expensive. The emergence of good herbal remedies that are cheaper keeps the pharmaceutical companies from making money on their existing drugs and prevents expensive research into new medicines. Thanks!
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

Natural treatment methods in the face of the pharmaceutical industry especially regarding incurable diseases will remain a war of its own. The book discusses an idea that divided people between supporters, understanding, and opponents. Great insightful review Terry I enjoyed reading it.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Runan »

It's frightening to go seek treatment sometimes. The pharmaceutical companies are only after money, and my well-being is definitely not their top priority. The government wants to support the conglomerates rather than the public. This story highlights the same. A wonderful scientifically driven couple who wants to do good for the people is unabashedly attacked because it benefits people and not the big companies. Your review invoked strong emotions within me. That was a brilliant review.
Runan
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

Terry, you reviewed a gem of a book. I agree with everything in your review because I read the book also. I was enthralled with the story of Mirko Beljanski and his wife, the natural remedies that people were lining up at their door for, and the inhumanity of established medicine and lobbied government that pushed him out and confiscated his life's work of research. I want to do more enquiry into Pao Pereira and Rauwolfia Vomitoria. Oh yeah, not to forget that there is a fascinating story about then President Francois Mitterand. It is all so fascinating. This was my favorite book last year. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by David Awunor »

The review was great, It left me terrified by the lengths to which the government would go and the alarming truth about the drugs industry. Surprisingly, "Rauwolfia vomitoria" is a common plant in my area.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 112%

Post by RJ Reviews »

I read this book. It certainly gives us high hopes on alternative medicine to fight against cancer. Mirko Beljanski did a great amount of reasech in this field and I am intrigued to read more about this promising aspect. A great review that captures the essence of the book perfectly. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Marcus Douglas Presents Echoes of Time by Marcus Douglas

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

People in the medical industry have gone far and beyond to find outhow to completely destroy cancer cells and am glad they were successful. This is such a big breakthrough in the medical field, and I am so happy the author wrote about it. I loved reading your review.
Somto Nwachukwu 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somto-nwachukwu-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Somto Nwachukwu 1 »

Reading your review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Baljanski has been eye-opening. The story of Mirko Beljanski's groundbreaking research and his daughter Sylvie's relentless pursuit of justice is truly remarkable.
Kareen Hez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareen-hez.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Kareen Hez »

I’ve seen this book several times and initially thought it was about cancer or providing inspiration to cancer patients. I never expected it to reveal such bitter truths about greedy pharmaceutical companies and their focus on profit. Your review is interesting and well-detailed, sparking my curiosity to find out what happens next. I’ll definitely read this book soon. Thank you very much for the insightful review! :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”