Review of The In-Between

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Claudia Angelucci
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudia-angelucci.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Review of The In-Between

Post by Claudia Angelucci »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The In-Between" by Christian Espinosa.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In "The In-Between," Christian Espinosa elegantly articulates the importance of not only pursuing our dreams but also savoring the moments that occur between our aspirations. This insightful narrative introduces the concept of "micro-moments," those fleeting instances often overshadowed by our relentless pursuit of major life goals.

"The In-Between" is a poignant fusion of memoir and self-help, as the author candidly shares his personal journey. From navigating his turbulent relationship with his mother's addiction to grappling with setbacks in his romantic life and health challenges, the narrative offers raw insight into the complexities of overcoming adversity.

One of the pivotal moments in the author's journey occurred during a car accident in Illinois, where he and his partner, Vanessa, intervened to assist the injured. This experience acted as a catalyst for Espinosa's profound shift in perspective, prompting him to reevaluate his priorities and fully embrace the present moment. Metaphorically, it was like bursting the bubble that had confined him, allowing him to fully immerse himself in life's micro-moments with insight, intention, and awareness.

Through engaging storytelling and accessible prose, "The In-Between" offers practical techniques for navigating life's challenges and finding fulfillment in the here and now. It emphasizes the value of spending time in the "in-between," where deeper insights into human behavior foster empathy and patience.

With its blend of personal anecdotes and actionable advice, this concise book is a very engaging and extremely informative read. The writing is clear and smooth, and the structure is robust, demonstrating professional editing, as I didn’t notice any mistakes or typos while reading.

The book's only limitation is its lack of groundbreaking concepts, especially regarding embracing the present moment for personal growth. However, this doesn't impact my rating, as I value the author's application of his theory of micro-moments and in-between to underscore these well-known ideas. Additionally, the memoir section of the book is, in my opinion, emotionally compelling. Overall, I wholeheartedly rate this insightful book 5 out of 5 stars.

"The In-Between" serves as a compelling reminder to cherish life's micro-moments and find meaning in the journey, rather than solely fixating on distant destinations. I would recommend it to anyone seeking inspiration and guidance in navigating life.

The In-Between
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by David Awunor »

The combination of a memoir and self-help book already caught my attention. The review was very detailed, but the fact that it is a Christian book doesn't particularly resonate with me.
Claudia Angelucci
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudia-angelucci.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Claudia Angelucci »

David Awunor wrote: 24 May 2024, 01:27 The combination of a memoir and self-help book already caught my attention. The review was very detailed, but the fact that it is a Christian book doesn't particularly resonate with me.
Thank you for your comment, David. Just to clarify, this isn't a Christian book—the author's name is Christian. Thanks again, and have a lovely day.
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Hehe, based on the cover art and the title, I thought this book might be a supernatural/paranormal story; how wrong was I? I like the concept of micro-moments, and I've been working with them myself to break down complicated tasks. I was considering reading this book, but as you said, there's nothing groundbreaking here. I fear I won't get much out of it.
Kareen Hez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareen-hez.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Kareen Hez »

I think I'm the right audience for this book. Thanks for the recommendation. I hope to read it soon. Thank you for the informative and interesting review! :tiphat:
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

It's always the little things (called micro-moments in the book) that make people happy, eh? When people deal with things that seem big and unfathomable every day, the micro-moments are here to remind you of your progress and your worth.

Love the simplistic book cover too. Conveys the "light at the end of the dark tunnel" message.
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”