Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

How does it feel, in your opinion, to be surrounded by friends who have similar interests to your own? What's it like, in your opinion, to have interests with the same people? Do you have a general understanding of what fly fishing entails or a preconceived notion of what it involves? An introduction to or explanation of fly fishing is provided in Michelle Cummings' book The Reel Sisters, which also discusses friendship, love, and life.

All four women, Rose, Sophie, Veronica, and Amanda, enjoy fly fishing and have an in-depth interest in it. To unwind from their busy lives and catch up on recent events, these four friends decided to take a holiday. They met Melody because of an unforeseen event that happened to them. They had a stronger connection, and when they returned to their daily lives, they made sure to keep track of each other. Likewise, they each had unique concerns and issues, which were discussed and clarified. Sophie is attempting to deal with her love life, Veronica is attempting to deal with her work, Rose is finding it difficult to let go of the past, Melody is attempting to put her life together, and Amanda is attempting to bring her family together. Later, an unanticipated event greatly impacted their lives and deepened their bond.

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a distinctive tale that clearly defines friendship, life, and family. The way the characters in this book evolved was fantastic. I loved that I could picture every character in this novel in my mind's eye and that I could imagine how they all appeared. I was enthralled by the way the author captured the characters' unfiltered feelings. Not only that, but I also loved being able to relate to the characters on many levels and in all facets of their lives. Furthermore, I do commend the author for the accessible, realistic, and intelligible way in which she addressed the themes of friendship and life.

There was nothing about this book that was bad. The book was incredibly instructive to me because it covered both fly fishing and life in general. The author explained fly fishing and showed us quotes about fly fishing. I loved knowing more about fly fishing because of how well I understood it, and I'd want to give it a go sometime. The book was professionally edited, and I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars because of how educational the book is. There are many valuable life lessons in it that people would be interested in learning.

Anyone who likes a good book about friendship should read this one, in my opinion. I firmly feel it has many life lessons that everyone should take to heart, and if you enjoy fly fishing, this is the book for you.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

This book definitely got me hooked on fly fishing and made me think about how everything looks like with friends all around you. This is a great book and a wonderful review.
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

There's nothing to dislike about this book. Everything screamed perfection from the concept of the book, to the cover of the book. This is a good review.
LilB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilb.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by LilB »

A book that defines friendship, love, family, career and so much more. This is an amazing book that anyone who loved fly fishing would most definitely enjoy.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

LilB wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 03:30 A book that defines friendship, love, family, career and so much more. This is an amazing book that anyone who loved fly fishing would most definitely enjoy.
Same for me. It is the themes of friendship, love, family, and career for me. I will love to see them intertwined in a well-crafted novel. I think the reviewer did a good job.
Success Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

This review sounds interesting. The author did a nice job in presenting the book to be interesting and easy to understand. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This looks like an interesting one. I would love to know more about fly fishing and what it entails. I would also love to know more about their life, friendship and so much more.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

This is definitely one to try out. I don't know anything about fly fishing but I'm open to learning. Thank you for this.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

This seems to have a lot it talks about which I found interesting, and from this review alone I can not wait to read it.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

The book's has an intriguing title. The Reel Sisters sends lots of message of love, light, and friendship. I hope to learn from this sisters as I read this book. Amazing review.
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Active Chris »

This book follows the life of these sisters and had a lot to say regarding love friendship, trust and so many more. Fly fishing was something that brought these women together. Great review.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

Fly fishing seems like an interesting sport and I am fascinated by it. Your wonderful review shows that this book tells a story of women who come together to share their experiences and enjoy this sport.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

The Reel Sisters is not just a story about friendship; it's a celebration of women's strength and resilience. Each character's growth is a triumph worth celebrating

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”