Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings brings into light the sentiments of friendship, compassion, and the beauty of care and forgiveness. One woman among the five, Rose, Sophie, Veronica, Melody, and Amanda, overcame many hardships, and their only trick was communication between themselves. They were fish-fly pacers and the heroines of antagonists. Pick this book for better understanding.

At the opening of the story, the girls, excluding Melody, were on fishing tours in the sea when they came across Melody, who was trying to save her life when the big, powerful waves almost swallowed her up. Luckily for her, she got help from them. From that moment on, the sisterhood group held a large place in her heart. She joined them, and she, along with her new friends in the group, enjoyed each other's friendship.

This book introduced me to the sport called fly fishing. I must say I was intrigued when I came across that part. I liked this book not only on account of the fact that the whole story is about fly fishing but also because the author discussed other very important characters that developed well of their own accord and shared common issues too. The communication between these friends was top-notch.

I am inspired by their acts of courage, without which the past of these women would be different. They no longer stood in the way of each other’s respective paths but rather maintained their courteousness, which also promoted their friendly communication. I find them to be on the same level with me, if not better, in terms of their understanding and the love they have for themselves. The book teaches us in another way, together with this, that we should not restrict or dislike showing consideration to our fellow humans just because of needless reasons.

I did not dislike anything in this book. This book was well edited. There was not a single error in the book. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I have no reason to rate this book less. I recommend this book to lovers of fiction and to everyone, no matter their gender. This will be an interesting read for those in the above category.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings highlights friendship, compassion, and forgiveness through Rose, Sophie, Veronica, Melody, and Amanda's journey. Communication is their key to overcoming hardships.
David Samanthaa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

The Reel Sisters is an ode to the power of nature and its ability to heal. The characters find solace in the river, and their transformation is beautifully depicted.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”