Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Gavice Victoria »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tom was enjoying the experience of a lifetime. He was anticipating a hassle-free honeymoon after being married to Kelly. That all changed the day Kelly unintentionally stumbled onto a terrorist group's lyre. There are signs that an attack on the United States is currently in the planning stages. They had never witnessed an attack like this one, as it was larger and more elaborate than anything the world had ever seen. Tom was a cop, which is a good thing, but how far can a cop go to prevent terrorist attacks? Does he possess the necessary tools for his lone fight against them?

E M P Honeymoon is a page-turner that offers an unsettling glimpse at scenarios that might not be all that outlandish. The characters are depicted realistically, which heightens the sense that the world as we know it is indeed under threat. The terrorist conspiracy is vividly brought to life by Dorothy May Mercer, who also manages to hold the reader's attention until the very last page. The well-developed plot leaves the reader wondering if calamity will certainly follow.

When I initially started reading the book, I questioned what "E M P" stood for and why it was even associated with a honeymoon. While reading this book, I discovered that "E M P" stood for an electromagnetic pulse. I was still unclear as to how this related to a honeymoon. But by the time this book was over, I was certain that I knew why. This book taught me a lot of things. I must admit that the author put a lot of research into this book.

The author gave the story a lot of action, and I really liked how the plot would start out on the side of the terrorists and then quickly switch to the side of our heroes and back again. The author does a fantastic job at creating tension, and she consistently manages to bring each scenario to a plausible climax.

It's crucial to comprehend the value of being loyal to your country. This book taught me that declaring your patriotism and demonstrating it are two distinct things. I recommend the book to readers who like romantic suspense stories. Absolutely nothing about this book bugged me. It was professionally edited, as evidenced by the fact that I only spotted two errors in it. Therefore, I am giving it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

Seems like finding out the meaning of EMP was an AHA moment for you. I understand how it is usually when one is curious about something and wants to find the meaning of one thing to complete the puzzle. I can also see that you enjoyed reading this book. Nice review!
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

The lesson of patriotism from this book is valuable. It is one thing to love your country, it is another to take risks and be willing to die for her. I really do appreciate all those who go out of their way to protect their countries and keep it safe. This includes the main characters of this book.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

I appreciate the way you structured your review of E M P Honeymoon and how you included the positive aspects of the book. It gives me a well-rounded understanding of the book and helps me decide if it's something I would enjoy. I'm definitely going to give this one a chance based on your review.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

This review of EMP Honeymoon is an interesting book. The cover page created an astronomy look in mind. It felt like a movie I have watched in a book form. Tom and Kelly cannot enjoy their honeymoon without facing a problem. I enjoyed the series from the Cynthia and Dan to this one. Thanks for this review.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Totem by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I wish I can find out if Tom was able to ward off the terrorista. I'm vouching for the good people to win the bad ones. Excellent review by the way! Your summary of the book was so thorough and your analysis was spot on. I just thought I should let you know that you deserve some accolades.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

From this review, I gathered that E M P Honeymoon is a page turner and that the characters are realistic. This is story about terrorists and the fight to keep them at bay. It will be a good addition to my bookshelf for the day I will be in the mood for such an action packed story.
Newestobc
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newestobc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Newestobc »

I enjoyed the review. I will like to read the book to know how Tom will survive this encounter. I also like how you wrote your review. Good one.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It IS essential to be loyal to your country. All of the main characters involved in this story were. Even those on the wrong side of the terrorism were.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: Behind The Wheel Tips by Raoul Watson

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I haven't read this book but I have read a lot of reviews on it and they all speak highly of the book. I enjoyed reading your review and look forward to reading the book.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

A joyful honeymoon was cut short when Kelly notices a cover for a secret operation against America. I enjoyed reading the book because it features crime, action and thriller. Thanks for the review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

EMP Honeymoon was interesting to some extent. It had a good plotline, some of the characters were interesting, and the events were well-described. However, I think that the terrorists were too easy to deal with. Great review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

E M P honeymoon has a great plot and storyline but the characters were underdeveloped. They all seem monotonous. Some who were given important characters didn’t execute them well. The author did well though.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Kelly is in some form of trouble. I wonder if and how she gets out of this situation. I love the book's storyline and I'll love to read the whole book. Inviting review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I haven't read this book but I enjoyed reading your review of it and I look forward to reading the book. Wonderful review well done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”