Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nerd_Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerd-chris.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Nerd_Chris »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 277-page book EMP Honeymoon was written by Dorothy May Mercer. There are 16 chapters in the book, not including the prologue and epilogue. It describes Korea's attempt to conquer America through ballistic missiles.

A newlywed couple, Kelly and Tom, a police officer, travelled to Honduras for their honeymoon. The honeymoon was blissful, not until Kelly stumbled into a store that served as the cover for a secret operation and was now on the run. There, in Honduras, was a handsome man named Steve, a spy for the CIA but posing as a tourist and a bunch of Korean agents on a covert mission dressed as American tourists. What happens when Kelly, Tom, and a few of their friends learn that the Koreans are attempting to place a nuclear weapon aimed at America? Read this beautiful novel to find out!

This book has an exceptional plot. Readers can visualize the story as if it were a real-life setting thanks to the book's realistic maps and expressions. There are some scientific facts in the book as well. The risks that could result from a solar super-flare and an EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) is made clear to the reader. It's interesting how nations aim to dominate the world using nuclear weapons and technology.

The author successfully conveys the Americans' collaboration to defeat a similar foe and the fear of the Korean workers made to perform tasks against their will. I respect Kim Dung Lo for having the guts to undermine the Koreans' covert efforts. I adore the sense of cooperation and task-sharing that Team USA demonstrated. I contend that the author had experience in the military based on the use of military terms in this work.

I found nothing to dislike in this novel. I adored the parts that each character took on. Unlike other stories whose ends are predictable, this novel cannot, as there are several twists at different stages of the book. The author was sure to divide each chapter into sections written in bold letters. The book is exceptionally well-edited, as I encountered no errors. For this, I give this book 4 out of 4 ratings. The storyline dwells on actual events. It comes with crime, action, betrayal and adventure.

I suggest Dorothy May Mercer's EMP Honeymoon to lovers of science fiction and spy stories. It is meant for a target audience of 15 and up. Readers who enjoy stories set in a military environment will find it most appealing.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

What a way to disrupt a blissful honeymoon! This book sounds intriguing. How did Kelly and Tom manage their situation? What thrilling events happened to them? I'll like to know these things and more. Good review.
Wamala Elijah Mul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliwamala.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Wamala Elijah Mul »

This is one of the many ways to ruin a honeymoon experience. This book has piqued my attention, and I may end up reading it. How did Kelly and Tom react when they were forced to deal with a challenging circumstance? What kinds of thrilling things did they get to enjoy? This is a very interesting topic, and I would like to learn more about it.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

This book would definitely join my waiting list on books I'll love to read. I'm saddened that their honeymoon experience was cut short. The suspense here makes me want to just grab the book immediately.
Treasure Elendu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-treasure-elendu.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Treasure Elendu »

I love the suspense. Nobody will like a bad end to their honeymoon experience. I'm definitely picking this one. Your review can make one go extra miles to grab this. Nice review
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is a story of how two couples, with the help of other security agents, managed to intercept a terrorist attack. It was so brave of them.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

America sure has lots of enemies. Most of the book I've been reading has been geared towards this path. It's sad but also intriguing that the honeymoon turns into something else. I will like to know the meaning of EMP. Amazing review.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

I do enjoy reading spy stories so I am definitely sure I would enjoy reading this book. It also has an interesting plot with a lot of twists. Nice review.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

EMP Honeymoon is a book that features action and crime. Kelly and Tom's honeymoon gets disrupted when an attempt to take down America is discovered. Great review.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

Dorothy May Mercer's book titled E M P Honeymoon is a book I found rather low on some standards. The storyline is appealing. But the scenarios weren't really arranged in a way that readers would be so interested in.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

Your review has me convinced that this book is full of thought-provoking ideas and concepts, and I can't wait to dive in and start exploring them. I look forward to learning all the scientific facts in this book as well as delving into the storyline.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

This is by far one of ny best books. I really had a good time reading it and I must say it was amazing. I urge many other to join me enjoy the feeling.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Osakwe Favour »

E M P Honeymoon is a masterful blend of science and storytelling. It's a thought-provoking and suspenseful tale that lingers in your mind. I was emotionally invested in the characters' journey and struggles.
Chioma Oz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

The teamwork within Team USA is admirable. The author's use of military terminology suggests a potential military background.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

I loved the dynamic between the main characters in EMP Honeymoon. Their relationship evolves beautifully as they navigate the challenges posed by the EMP event.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”