Review of Fasting Firepower

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Review of Fasting Firepower

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fasting Firepower" by Marjan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Reading has always been an opportunity to keep learning things, and I am glad that I am kick-starting my journey in this book club with a fascinating book, Fasting Firepower by Marjan, which has changed my entire understanding and view of fasting. This is a mind-boggling book that kept me in awe from start to finish.

I have always seen fasting as a spiritual activity done to commune with God. But then, as I started reading this book, I began to see different views of what fasting is from a scientific, spiritual, and historical perspective. I was more interested in the impact of fasting on one’s health. The foods we consume are composed of different complex and toxic chemicals that keep compounding in our bodies, and continuous and frequent consumption of such foods could be very detrimental to our health. Now, practicing fasting could help reduce those toxic loads in the body for easy degradation. There are a lot of things that you will know about fasting when you read this book.

This book has a lot of positive remarks. First, this book was written from different perspectives, which entails that the book has a broad audience, and I was also able to see what fasting is from different angles, which added knowledge. Also, this book was able to enlighten readers about their health; there were lots of useful health tips in the book. I was able to read about how we can also reduce the load of toxicity in the body. I enjoyed how the book was written; there were different styles used by the author in writing this book, which made the read very relaxing and easy to understand. The fact that I did not come across any errors in this book is a major booster and shows that it was properly edited.

The only challenge with this book was the fact that most of the data used in it is region-specific and would be best understood by those in that region. Aside from that, there is nothing to dislike in the book, as it is educating and very helpful; hence, I would rate this book five out of five stars. I recommend this book to lovers of non-fiction and self-help books.

Fasting Firepower
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

In unraveling the multifaceted nature of fasting, this book offers a refreshing perspective that extends beyond its spiritual roots. The exploration of fasting's impact on health, coupled with insightful tips, makes it a valuable guide for anyone seeking a healthier lifestyle. The author's varied writing styles add a delightful touch to the reading experience. Thanks for the great review.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Jane Honda »

Marjan's 'Fasting Firepower' is a fascinating journey that redefines fasting from scientific, spiritual, and historical perspectives. The multi-dimensional approach offers valuable insights into health, making it an enlightening read. With various writing styles, it keeps readers engaged. An educative and well-edited book deserving of five stars.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

The issue of fasting has been a widely misconcepted topic and this book seems to shed more light on the medicinal and spiritual significance of this vital exercise. I look forward to having a great time reading this masterpiece. Congrats on a great review
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Agbata Trust »

Fasting Firepower by Marjan taught me more about fasting than I thought. It's not just about spiritual stuff; there's science and history too. The book talks health, gives cool tips, and is super easy to read. No mistakes spotted!
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Can't wait to read this book. I love the review so much that it makes me thirst for more of your reviews. I must say the plot of the book is good.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

Interesting! I didn't know that fasting is beneficial health-wise. I always thought it was just something spiritual people do when praying seriously to God.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

Fasting, traditionally a practice for spiritual purposes, has gained attention in health circles due to potential benefits like weight loss, improved metabolism, better brain function, and increased longevity, as suggested by some scientific research.
Oma Johnson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oma-johnson.html
Latest Review: Coming Full Circle by Shannon Duncan

Post by Oma Johnson »

Fasting is a very important spiritual skill needed in every sphere of human life especially anyone that wants to have a deeper connection with God. Geear book as it sheds light in the intricacies of fasting.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Your review was an eye opener for me . I can't wait to reading this book. The book sounds interesting and education. Thanks for this engaging review.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Silo 42: Deception by Zev Paiss
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 660%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you for your review. It looks like a book worth reading.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

Thank you for your valuable review on this book, which make me felt reading this book by building a keen interest. Thank you
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Post by Mary Clarkee »

Fasting dosen't only have to do with spirituality it has other benefits I really learnt alot from this review looking forward to reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”