Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joy Wendy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-wendy.html
Latest Review: My Doors Of Destiny. by Judith Cook

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Joy Wendy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Black people and other minorities have been oppressed by racism and prejudice. From his book, A Dream For Peace, we learned about Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's contribution to the struggle against colonialism in Algeria. This book tells the tale of the author, who was born in Algeria during the French colonial era and held several positions during his life, and how he affected many people. We may gain from Berrah's experiences as a political activist and scientist in this book.

Algeria was the birthplace of Ghoulem Berrah, where he was raised. He grew up in a Muslim household. After completing her education at the College de Batna, Berrah was granted a scholarship to study medicine at the University of Bordeaux in France. During his time at college, Berrah participated in several organizations that opposed colonialism and worked to bring Algeria independence. Even though he was subsequently detained and put in jail, he could still fulfill his ambitions. After that, Berrah relocated to America to further his studies and eventually graduated as a scientist. Pick up a copy of this fascinating book to learn more. 

The book has a lot of good qualities. The writing was excellent, and it encompassed the author's whole life. I adore the author's storytelling approach and the well-chosen vocabulary throughout the book. It simplified the book's comprehension. I love that the author fought for the good of his nation rather than his own interests. People should look up to Berrah as an example of a good leader. I enjoy how, regardless of color or religion, he lavished everyone with love and care. I also learned about Algeria's history and the process by which they gained independence from the book. The book taught me a lot of things. I value the author's attempts to advance amicable ties between Africa and other regions of the world.

There was nothing in the book that I disliked. Unfortunately, the author had to endure all that pain to advance Algeria's independence. I was very motivated to improve myself through it. I also gained knowledge and comprehension of how we may coexist peacefully. 

I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because I learned much about peace. I found a few errors while reading the book. It shows that it was nicely edited. Political activists and liberation fighters would greatly benefit from reading this book.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
John Spencer 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-spencer-2.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by John Spencer 2 »

From the opening chapter to the breathtaking climax, this book is a masterclass in storytelling.
Malusteve Chinecherem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malusteve-chinecherem.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Malusteve Chinecherem »

A dream for peace is a political book that inspires me so much, just like the life of ghoulem berrah does.
Witch Cavil
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-witch-cavil.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Witch Cavil »

Dr. Berrah is a revolutionary that fought for his people. I enjoyed reading about his life struggles and he overcame them.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

Freedom fighters are the most passionate people on earth. They always give us a reason to love each other. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Hakim Kelvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakim-kelvin.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Hakim Kelvin »

Peace is the only way the world can move forward. This book was so inspirational and also educative.
Tochukwu Nwaji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-nwaji.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Tochukwu Nwaji »

While the length of A Dream for Peace might seem daunting, the fascinating life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah keeps readers hooked. His marriage to a Christian woman, despite being a Muslim, adds a unique and touching dimension to his story.
Really lovely story

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”