Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chidinma Dijeh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidinma-dijeh.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Chidinma Dijeh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"A Dream for Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a compelling memoir that chronicles the author's life journey and his tireless efforts to promote peace. Written in a first-person narrative style, the book provides a vivid portrayal of Dr. Berrah's experiences, from his childhood in Algeria to his career as a prominent figure in science and politics. The memoir is characterised by its emotional depth and strong character development, offering readers a glimpse into the challenges and triumphs that shaped the author's life.

The book follows a chronological order, beginning with Dr. Berrah's upbringing in Algeria, where he faced discrimination under French colonial rule. Despite these challenges, he excelled academically, earning a scholarship to study in France. Throughout his life, Dr. Berrah remained dedicated to his goals, pursuing his passion for science and politics despite personal hardships. The memoir also delves into his personal relationships and his advocacy work in various countries and international meetings.

One of the book's notable positive aspects is its character-driven narrative, which offers a deep insight into Dr. Berrah's personality and motivations. The author's writing style is engaging and accessible, making it easy for readers to connect with the story. The comprehensive approach also contributes to the book's richness, offering a thorough exploration of Dr. Berrah's life and contributions. The inclusion of illustrations throughout the book adds a visual dimension that enhances the reading experience, providing a tangible connection to the events described.

The length of the book was the only challenge I faced while reading it; there was nothing I disliked about it. I found a few errors, but the book editing was still good. The memoir celebrates the resilience and determination of the author, offering valuable insights into the pursuit of peace in a tumultuous world. I recommend this book to readers who like non-fiction and history. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tochukwu Nwaji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-nwaji.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Tochukwu Nwaji »

The writer’s association with prominent figures like John Kennedy and Yasser Arafat enriches *A Dream for Peace*. These relationships illustrate the significant impact he had on international affairs, making the memoir an enlightening read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”