Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Huini Hellen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream for Peace is an insightful memoir of a man with many talents who lived when Africa was transitioning to both industrial, political, and economic transformations. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a profound advocate for peace, an ambassador, a politician, an activist, a spiritual man, and a former special advisor to the president of Côte d'Ivoire. This is an exciting read providing a personal perspective on a peace seeker, the fascinating adventures he takes in his life, and the many bumps, twists, and turns that characterize his journey.

Dr. Ghoulem is a doctor, revolutionary ambassador, and highly principled gentleman. He is a visionary with tremendous aspirations for forthcoming generations. Navigating us through the struggles of Third World countries, he also incredibly shares his profound contribution and struggles through those battles as he worked for their overall development. Dr. Ghoulem shares an intriguing view of the world of high diplomacy through this page-turner and fantastic text.

The text is an informative read and advances to give a curious approach to the political dynamics in post-colonial Africa. I admired Dr. Ghoulem's involvement in many diplomatic missions in his home country and other nations in the world at large. A Dream for Peace is an inspiring story of fulfilling peace in all areas of one's life.

I loved this text for its interesting anecdotes that often left lingering smiles in my reading experience. Using discursive allegories cheered the dragging pace of the plot. My favorite story is Dr. Ghoulem's tribute to his wife and his persistence in insisting on how much he loved her. Likewise, I liked the inspirational quotes that punctuated the text. These reinforced the author's message and were also uplifting for me. I loved the inclusion of beautiful pictures from various moments in history that consequently played an essential role in the positive outcome of this book.

There is nothing I liked least in this text. The author uses simple language in his storyline, which enhanced my understanding of the text. This affected my understanding of the text. I found only a few grammatical errors that did not detract from my attention, proving the evidence of professional editing. For these reasons, I award A Dream for Peace four out of four stars.

I recommend this insightful memoir to anyone who seeks inspiration towards leading a meaningful life. Readers interested in reading about post-colonial Africa may also enjoy the tranquility presented in each setting.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

I think if everyone can patriotic,and resilient like Dr. Berrah, the world would be a better place. Wonderful review.
Hakeem nuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakeem-nuel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hakeem nuel »

This book takes us back to history and how France colonized African countries. It was really interesting and engaging.
Cesyao
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cesyao.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Cesyao »

Dr. Ghoulem's exploration of the complexities of peace and its challenges resonated deeply with me.
Tochukwu Nwaji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-nwaji.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Tochukwu Nwaji »

This book offers a comprehensive look at Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life, showcasing his significant contributions to science and politics. His leadership during the Algerian nationalist movement is especially compelling, highlighting his dedication and strategic acumen.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”