Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a non-fiction book as well as a historical memoir of the life experiences and exploits of the author, Dr. Ghoulem Berrah. This memoir begins with the early life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah as a child born in Algeria. He is a political diplomat with an undying hunger for peace, freedom and equality. This book also narrates his involvement in diplomatic missions, highly classified presidential assignments and engagement in dialogue with ardent militants to find peaceful solutions to political conflicts. This book also narrates the period of tumult in his love life. Was Dr. Ghoulem Berrah able to succeed in his endeavors as a diplomat and conflict mediator? Was he able to resolve the dilemma in his love life? Read this book to find out.

I enjoyed reading this book for so many reasons. One reason I enjoyed reading this book was the author's style of writing and narration. It was so captivating and very detailed. I could easily relate to what the author was trying to communicate. I had no difficulty comprehending the author's narration. Another reason I enjoyed reading this book is that it was very enlightening, informative and educative as well. I gathered a lot of information about some events that happened in Algerian history and a couple of amazing historical facts about other African countries like Cote d'Ivoire, Morocco, and a host of others. The life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is also a great source of inspiration for me. He was very smart, hard-working, persistent, diligent and innovative. He was not only a political diplomat but also a great scientist who paved the way for other scientific advancements. I would also like to state that another reason I enjoyed reading this book was that it was thoroughly proofread and edited. I only noticed one typographical error while reading this book. Therefore, I did not experience distractions due to typographical errors. It was an exciting read for me.

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is an inspirational and educative memoir filled with historical facts as well as practical life lessons. After thoroughly reading this book, I can say that there is nothing I dislike about it. It was well-edited.

There were numerous facts I became aware of after reading this book. This memoir certainly taught me a lot of things. I also noticed that this book was thoroughly edited. Therefore, I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I would gladly recommend this book to people interested in learning about history and diplomacy. I would also recommend this book to lovers of historical memoirs and biography. This book can serve as a good learning tool for people interested in learning about conflict resolution and political diplomacy.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

Amazing review, your writing skills are quite impressive. I like that your review is covers all the major topics in the book. Sadly, memoirs or historical books are not my type, so I'll pass on this one.
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

Dr. Berrah's life is exemplary, judging from the achievements he had. Thanks for writing this beautiful review.
Vivian Agenms
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Vivian Agenms »

An amazing review, I like the fact that this book exposes me to the history of Algeria like they say not all heroes wears a cape Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is one of them.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

I appreciate how detailed your review is. I recently started reading historical books but I'm not very much interested in politics. Thanks for the great review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Dr. Berrah was certainly a hero. He seems to have worked tirelessly for the things he wished to accomplish.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

Dream for peace is a memoir I have been longing to read. From the reviews I have read so far, Dr Berah lived an exceptional life. Your review is enjoyable.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

Dr. Ghoulem truly led an exemplary life. The fact that his book contained no profanity is proof of how modest a man he was. Thank you for the review.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I enjoyed reading your review -- very well done! I read the book as well, but didn't feel quite as strongly positive about it as you did.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

This book has piqued my interest. I usually would not go for a historical memoir. However, your review just gave me a good reason to read this book. Nice job. Your review is awesome.
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

Dr. Berrah is a great man. I would love to read about his life. This review is well detailed and the book well summarized. I enjoyed reading this review. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this book and for being honest with it. By the way, congratulations on having your review published.
Cesyao
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cesyao.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Cesyao »

This novel is a call to action, inspiring readers to actively pursue peace and make a difference in their communities.
JuliusOnyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusonyango.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by JuliusOnyango »

A Dream For Peace is an intriguing book that talks about friendship, relationships and political activities.
Tochukwu Nwaji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-nwaji.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Tochukwu Nwaji »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's memoir is enriched by his personal reflections and the inclusion of photographs. These elements make the book a deeply engaging and authentic account of his life's journey.The book is very informative

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”