Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: I'd Rather Be Dead Than Deaf by E. Adrienne Wilson

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you a fan of supernatural fiction? Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited is a valuable resource you would love to explore. I am a very cautious person. Before I embark on something, I think it through. But I think Eric is not that type of person. He seemed to be the type to go into something without thinking. I came to this conclusion when he jumped through a portal to another world without any plan at all.

As the title of this book implied, it told a great storyline about Eric, who was found to be a wizard vampire with different types of supernatural powers. He was deemed to be the reincarnation of a great wizard who was believed to have died in a war. There were several supernatural individuals described in this book. There were magicians, witches, wizards, vampires, and so on. Among them was a horse Eric created and named Bronze. Eric had the power to bring inanimate objects to life because of how powerful he was as a wizard. So he used his power to extract life from six horses to bring a bronze-statued horse in a fountain to life.

I was fascinated by the different characters I read about in this book. Eric, the main character, was the most interesting of all. He started as a teacher who got drunk because he was dumped by his girlfriend. Then he was turned into a vampire by Sasha. But what was fascinating about Eric was how well he accepted the drastic change in his life. He courageously faced every challenge that came his way, and he often turned out even better than he was before the challenge. He was the ideal heroic character because, as he became more powerful at each turn in the story, he never lost his good human qualities, like kindness, care, and protecting those close to him. These attributes garnered him several devoted followers in the book.

The only thing I found negative about the book was its length. However, the story in it was very interesting. I liked how Eric was written to be powerful and yet human. It was obvious that he was growing in his powers, yet his confused thoughts showed how human he was sometimes. The story progressed gradually. It didn't feel as though the author was bombarding the reader with new developments.

I rate the book 5 out of 5. It was exceptionally well-edited. The book was adventurous, enlightening, and enjoyable. I had a hard time putting it down while reading. I recommend this book to lovers of supernatural fiction. They would be intrigued and awed by Eric's growing abilities in the book.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

This book has a Wonder and unique plot. The character development was great and realistic. Thanks for this fantastic review.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by williams Emerald »

An enthralling blend of vulnerability and power, ‘Nightlord: Sunset’ masterfully explores the transformation of Eric from mere mortal to a supernatural entity, capturing the essence of human resilience and adaptability in a world brimming with magic and mystery.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

It is rare to see this type of book genre, and having bumped into this one today, I'll definitely be adding it to my shelf. Nice review
Goodness Kene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-kene.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Kene »

Oh wow. I like you were honest about the book's length, but I'd like to read about Eric. Maybe I'd try.
Nnodim Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnodim-collins.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Nnodim Collins »

What a wonderful review by this participant
Christian Jordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

Are you a fan of supernatural fiction? "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited is a must-read. Unlike me, a cautious person who plans carefully, Eric dives into situations impulsively, like when he jumped through a portal to another world without any plan.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

This book captivates with its imaginative world-building and intriguing characters, particularly Eric, a wizard-vampire with extraordinary powers.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

The vivid portrayal of diverse characters and supernatural beings will keep readers captivated. Despite its length, the book's gradual and engaging progression makes it hard to put down. I love how Eric accepted his newfound powers with courage and humanity. I also like the fact that the book offers an enthralling dive into the supernatural world.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”