Review of McDowell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Re: Review of McDowell

Post by Chad Anthony »

I feel this McDowell's life is messed up. The whole marriage story doesn't sound appealing to me. However, I applaud the summary you gave. The author gave a necessary division in the book but it isn't a big deal so well-done.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Chad Anthony »

I feel this McDowell's life is messed up. The whole marriage story doesn't sound appealing to me. However, I applaud the summary you gave. The author did an unnecessary division in the book but it isn't a big deal so well-done.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"McDowell" delves into the intricate life of Dr. Hiram McDowell, balancing professional success with personal turmoil and ethical dilemmas. The narrative's twists explore themes of emotional detachment and strained relationships, adding depth to McDowell's journey.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by williams Emerald »

The meticulous details of Nepalese culture and the ethical dilemmas faced by McDowell add an enriching depth to the novel, making it not just a story but a journey. The book is an interesting read
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

In McDowell, the reader is drawn into a world where brilliance and ambition collide with emotional detachment and ethical dilemmas. With surprising twists and turns, the narrative explores the intricacies of human relationships and the consequences of personal choices, leaving readers pondering the complexities of Dr. Hiram McDowell's life.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

The author's adept handling of themes such as love, betrayal, and identity adds layers of depth to the narrative, inviting readers to contemplate the moral implications of characters, actions and decisions, while also shedding light on broader societal issues and cultural nuances.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”