Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited is an epic adventure filled with action, magic, and humor. After Eric finds himself transformed into a vampire without his consent, he embarks on a quest for revenge against the Church of Light, inadvertently opening a portal to their world in the process. With the help of new allies like the golem horse Bronze, Eric battles dragons and armies and ultimately confronts his enemies. The story is told through engaging journal entries and follows Eric's journey from heartbreak to heroism, with impressive character development, witty dialogue, and immersive world-building that brings the land and its inhabitants to life. Whited's unique storytelling captures the imagination and keeps readers hooked until the very end. Did Eric survive after all these challenges? Get the book to find out.

I was engrossed in the book as I followed the author's writing prowess. The story, narrated through Eric's journal entries, seamlessly blends fantasy elements with relatable real-world analogies, creating a captivating world filled with diverse cultures, religions, creatures, and languages. The author's fresh take on vampires adds depth to Eric's identity struggles and moral dilemmas. The narrative skillfully explores themes of identity, morality, societal advancement, and the consequences of new technologies, all while maintaining a perfect balance of action and humor.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. The protagonist undergoes a remarkable transformation from a blood-drinking vampire to a skilled wizard, embracing his evolution with grace. Bronze and Firebrand add depth and humor to the narrative, with Bronze offering unwavering support and Firebrand bringing a love for carnage. Eric's unique blend of science and magic, along with his moral compass and intellectual nature, sets him apart as a compelling protagonist. The engaging dialogue, diverse characters, and moral dilemmas make for an enthralling read.

There is nothing I dislike about the book. The author's skillful storytelling and maintaining suspense throughout are captivating; his narrative defies traditional vampire tales. The book is exceptionally edited.

I rate this book five out of five stars due to the author's writing style. I recommend this book to those who are drawn to narratives that challenge conventions and delve into themes of transformation and morality.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

A story filled with filled with action, magic, and humor is definitely going to be engaging. I appreciate the the author was able to maintain suspense throughout the book.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Black Witch Moth by C. Michael Curry

Post by Florence Daniel »

Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited is a masterful blend of epic fantasy, action, and humor that captivated me from start to finish. Eric’s transformation into a vampire and his quest for revenge against the Church of Light set the stage for an adventurous journey filled with dragons, magical battles, and unexpected allies like the golem horse, Bronze.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

Whited's masterful storytelling in "Nightlord: Sunset" captivates with its seamless integration of fantasy and real-world themes, exploring identity struggles, morality, and societal consequences.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Bonds of Love and Blood by Marylee MacDonald

Post by Robert Andrew »

Garon Whited's "Nightlord: Sunset" offers an enthralling mix of action, magic, and humor as it chronicles Eric's unexpected transformation into a vampire and his quest for vengeance against the Church of Light
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited is a compelling epic that blends action, magic, and humor in a unique narrative style. Eric's transformation into a vampire and subsequent quest for revenge unfolds through engaging journal entries, offering deep insights into his character and the richly crafted world he inhabits.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: His Final Answer by Christopher D White & Jennifer Curran

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

With the help of new allies like the golem horse Bronze, Eric battles dragons and armies and ultimately confronts his enemies. The story, told through engaging journal entries, follows Eric's journey from heartbreak to heroism, with impressive character development, witty dialogue, and immersive world-building that brings the land and its inhabitants to life.
Susan John Peter
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Susan John Peter »

The balance of action, humor, and philosophical inquiry ensures that readers are not only entertained but also left pondering deeper questions about society and the self. "Nightlord: Sunset" is a compelling journey that will resonate with anyone looking for an epic tale that goes beyond the ordinary.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The book's narration through journal entries creates a unique and engaging experience, blending fantasy with relatable real-world elements. It offers a fresh perspective on vampires, exploring themes like identity, morality, and societal advancement. The author's writing skillfully balances action and humor, drawing readers into a diverse world with intricate cultures, religions, and creatures.
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Badger Martin »

Eric recovered some strange things about himself. He try so hard to get used to his new Identity as a vampire. I loved your review as it was lacking nothing in details. Good Job
Abel Timothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abel-timothy.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Abel Timothy »

Jack Winnick's 'Devil in False Colors' is a riveting thriller that plunges readers into the heart of terrorism's shadowy depths. With intricate plot twists and global stakes, the novel grips from the first page to the last, keeping readers guessing until the final reveal.
Christian Jordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

"Sink your teeth into 'Nightlord: Sunset' by Garon Whited, a bloody brilliant adventure! Eric's transformation into a vampire sparks a thrilling quest for revenge, magic, and mayhem. With a cast of unforgettable characters, including the lovable golem horse Bronze, this epic tale of heroism and heartbreak will keep you hooked until the very end. Whited's masterful storytelling and immersive world-building make this a must-read for fans of action-packed fantasy!"
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Chad Anthony »

I definitely won't find turning into a vampire without my consent funny at all. Night lord Sunset is definitely going to be an action series and I would love to read them all. Thank you for writing well.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

I was drawn into Eric's world from the first page, thanks to Whited's skillful blend of fantasy and real-world parallels. The characters, from Eric himself to the endearing Bronze and fiery Firebrand, leap off the page with vibrant personalities, making 'Nightlord: Sunset' a truly immersive reading experience.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, this review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited makes the book sound incredibly intriguing and entertaining. The story's premise, featuring Eric's transformation into a vampire and his quest for revenge, promises a unique blend of fantasy, action, and humor. The use of journal entries to narrate the story suggests an intimate and engaging perspective, allowing readers to closely follow Eric's personal journey and inner struggles.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”