Review of What Do You Think, Mr. Collins?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Review of What Do You Think, Mr. Collins?

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

[Following is a volunteer review of "What Do You Think, Mr. Collins?" by Neal Bialostosky.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Neal Bialostosky's What Do You Think, Mr. Collins? thrusts readers into a mesmerizing world where the convergence of artificial intelligence and humanity unfolds amidst the vibrant tapestry of Paradise City. With a narrative that intertwines elements of satire, political intrigue, and speculative fiction, Bialostosky offers a fresh perspective on the genre.

Through a diverse cast of characters, including the introspective Ben Collins and the visionary AI architect Sydney Maddow, Bialostosky paints a nuanced portrait of a society grappling with the consequences of technological advancement. Against the backdrop of a city teetering on the brink of chaos, mayoral candidates Teresa Vasquez and Gregory Lind engage in a high-stakes battle for power, while figures like Evelyn Broadwell and Dr. Norman Hippleton navigate the ethical complexities of a world where AI threatens to disrupt the status quo.

As the narrative unfolds, themes of societal unrest, ethical dilemmas, and the pursuit of power converge, inviting readers to ponder the implications of a future shaped by artificial intelligence. Bialostosky's masterful storytelling delves deep into the human psyche, prompting reflection on the nature of progress and the fragility of the human experience.

In What Do You Think, Mr. Collins? Bialostosky deftly explores timeless themes of love, loss, and the quest for meaning against the backdrop of a world transformed by technology. With its richly imagined setting and compelling characters, this novel is sure to captivate readers and leave them eagerly anticipating the next installment in this thought-provoking series.

I would say this book was a masterpiece, as I found no typos or grammar errors throughout my read, so I enjoyed reading it, and I had no dislike for it at all. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it met my expectations and standards. I recommend this book to readers seeking a thought-provoking blend of sci-fi and social commentary. Set in Paradise City, it navigates the collision of AI and humanity with satirical flair, offering a fresh take on the genre's tropes. Neal Bialostosky's narrative captivates from start to finish.

What Do You Think, Mr. Collins?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

The first thing I noticed was the book cover. The cover is perfect to draw readers. I'm looking forward to adding this to my shelf. Well done.
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by williams Emerald »

Neal Bialostosky’s seamless blending of satirical elements with deep, thought-provoking themes in ‘What Do You Think, Mr. Collins?’ offers a riveting exploration of AI’s impact on society. His portrayal of Paradise City as a microcosm of future ethical dilemmas is both innovative and enlightening.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

Your review of 'What Do You Think, Mr. Collins?' highlights the depth and complexity of Bialostosky’s narrative. The blend of satire, political intrigue, and speculative fiction sounds incredibly engaging. I’m excited to see how the diverse characters navigate the ethical challenges posed by AI

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”