Review of The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Re: Review of The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future

Post by Julius Peters »

I appreciate how the book doesn't shy away from addressing the psychological impact of white supremacy on individuals across racial lines. By exploring the concept of 'racial-induced dissonance,' Bireda delves into the complexities of identity and belonging in a society built on racial hierarchies.

Bireda's call for individuals to become proactive agents of change resonates deeply in today's world. By advocating for critical self-reflection and collective action, the book empowers readers to challenge and dismantle systems of oppression, paving the way for a more just and equitable society
Nnodim Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnodim-collins.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Nnodim Collins »

"The Promise of Whiteness" by Martha R. Bireda explores the historical roots and enduring impact of white supremacy, examining racial hierarchies, systemic racism, and envisioning pathways to a more equitable future.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, this review of "The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future" by Martha R. Bireda makes the book sound like a profound and essential read for understanding the historical and ongoing impact of white supremacy in America. The book’s exploration of how "whiteness" has been constructed and used as a tool of dominance promises to offer deep insights into the racial dynamics that continue to shape American society.
Onuoha Joy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onuoha-joy.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Onuoha Joy »

I love how the author went on to discuss racism leaving no stone unturned. The book is very good book that everyone ought to read
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Esther Deekor »

I was first intrigued by the title of this book and I'm even more fascinated since the book explored historical events as I am a fan of historical books. I will add this book to my want to read list, thank you for an informative review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”