Review of Philosophy from the Mud

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anu Anand
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Post by Anu Anand »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling is a compelling collection of three fables that reveal profound insights through the experiences of an earthworm, an ant, and a clam. The book delves into the concept of 'Masterful Effortlessness', presenting five laws that help readers understand their roles in life and act with maximum effectiveness effortlessly. Have you ever wondered why great things happen to seemingly horrible people? Through the lens of 'Masterful Effortlessness', this book provides an intriguing answer.

One of the standout aspects of the book is its relatable characters. Readers will find it surprisingly easy to see parts of themselves in each of these small creatures, making the lessons they convey both engaging and thought-provoking. Quisling's writing combines humor and deep insights, prompting readers to reflect on their lives in a creative and engaging way.

A particularly fascinating part of the book is the application of these laws through real-life examples, including the author's sister’s experiences. This practical demonstration brings the theoretical concepts to life, showing how they can be applied to achieve a more effortless and effective approach to various aspects of daily living.

The book also includes simple, effortless exercises that readers can incorporate into their routines. This hands-on approach is particularly beneficial, as it offers tangible ways to practice the principles discussed. Personally, I find these exercises very helpful and easy to integrate into my daily life.

The illustrations are simple yet direct, complementing the text without overshadowing it. Despite being a quick read, the book's depth and richness make it one that readers will likely revisit to fully grasp its content. Its combination of fiction and non-fiction elements ensures that it offers something for everyone, addressing common life struggles in an imaginative way.

This book is impeccably edited, and I found nothing to dislike about it. I wholeheartedly rate it 5 out of 5 and recommend it to anyone looking for profound life insights delivered through an engaging and unique narrative.

Philosophy from the Mud
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kareen Hez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareen-hez.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Kareen Hez »

Of course, I always wonder 'why great things happen to seemingly horrible people'. But then I console myself, thinking it must be due to good karma from their previous lives. Anyway, I'm eager to read the author's perspective on that aspect as well, and I hope to read the book at the first opportunity I get. Also, your review is interesting and well-written. Great work, Anu! :tiphat:
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 112%

Post by RJ Reviews »

I always adore books that are quick reads yet conveys a deep, meaningful insight. The author's attempt to explain Masterful Effortlessness throght the lives of an ant, a clam and an earthworm sounds unique! I would love to give this book a read in near future. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: The elderly Gentleman's Ulyssee by Hans Bodmer

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

I read this book a few months ago and truly enjoyed reading about the effortless theory and how the authors sister was the first person the author experimented this theory on. You did a good job at reviewing the book.
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by David Awunor »

A beautiful review and It sounds intriguing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”