Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Williams Nnodim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Review of Man Mission

Post by Williams Nnodim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is a remarkable fiction novel that defies traditional stereotypes of masculinity while taking readers on a globetrotting adventure. This book carries the vibe of a rom-com, intertwining it with a soul-searching journey from a man's perspective.

The story revolves around four friends who embark on a life-altering annual adventure for fifteen years, starting in their late 20s. The book offers a vivid portrayal of their escapades, which is sure to leave readers yearning for their own thrilling adventure.

The book is not a weekend read; it is quite lengthy, but the length serves as a testament to the depth and complexity of the characters and their journeys. Along the way, the protagonists navigate the expectations of adulthood—marriage, career, and family life. As they face the challenges and conflicts of real life, their friendship and the annual mission become a source of stability and redemption, providing a unique perspective on the evolving definition of masculinity.

It first began with Eytan and Sam, and over the years, Daniel and Alec followed suit. The yearly Man Mission gradually becomes more than an annual getaway. It's become a source of stability and a place to find redemption. During their journey, they engage in a hitch ride with drug dealers in New Zealand, savor kava shots on picturesque Fijian beaches, encounter a roaring lion in South Africa, indulge in the exclusivity of a resort designated solely for Vietnamese Communist officials, embark on a trek to Machu Picchu, and test their skills in ice climbing in Iceland.

The positive aspect of this book lies in its beautiful essence of friendship, showcasing the depth and strength of the bond among four friends as they navigate life's ups and downs. It delves into the thought-provoking themes surrounding self-discovery, the quest for meaning and purpose, and the evolving dynamics of masculinity in today's society.

Despite the fact that the book was exceptionally edited, I observed some unusual spacing between the pages of this book which I deem to be an issue from the publisher. This unusual spacing negatively affected my reading experience in this book, and for this reason I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy a captivating exploration of masculinity, friendship, and self-discovery. A must-read for those who are curious about modern manhood and the pursuit of purpose.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Andrew Darlington »

A beautiful book on friend and exposition on what a typical man's world looks like. I very much loved this book. The adventure, pains, bond and more. Lovely review.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

Man Mission is a great book that is filled with adventures. I love the book because it strengthen bond between friends and families.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel is a captivating novel that offers a refreshing take on masculinity and friendship. Through a combination of adventure and soul-searching, the author delivers a compelling narrative that keeps readers engaged from start to finish.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: What Happened To Flynn by Pat Muir

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Eytan Uliel's 'Man Mission' is a breath of fresh air in the world of fiction, challenging traditional notions of masculinity while offering a captivating globetrotting adventure. The depth and complexity of the characters, combined with the vivid portrayal of their escapades, make this novel a truly immersive experience that resonates long after the last page.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

The exploration of friendship and the portrayal of a typical man's world seem to have resonated with you. The inclusion of adventure, pain, and strong bonds has added to the book's charm. Thank you for sharing your appreciation with such a lovely review.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Black Witch Moth by C. Michael Curry

Post by Florence Daniel »

Centered around four friends on a life-altering annual adventure spanning fifteen years, the book vividly portrays their escapades, leaving readers yearning for their own thrilling experiences.
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

I recently read this book and I can say is that it's a worthy read combining adventure with exposure into family life among 4 men. I recommend it to adventure lovers and enthusiasts. Beautiful review.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

Eytan Uliel's "Man Mission" is a captivating exploration of friendship and modern masculinity. Its rich, globe-trotting adventures and deep character development offer an inspiring and thought-provoking read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”