Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Mary Clarkee »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream for Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a captivating memoir that delves into the author's remarkable journey towards advocating for Algeria's freedom and independence. Born into a French colony, Berrah's upbringing was shaped by the pervasive influence of French culture and discrimination against his Muslim community. Despite these challenges, he excelled academically and pursued a career in medicine, eventually becoming a pivotal figure in the fight against colonial oppression.

Berrah's narrative unfolds with vivid descriptions of his experiences as a medical student at the University of Bordeaux, where he coalesced with fellow Algerians to form the North African Muslim Students Association. Together, they navigated the dual responsibilities of academic pursuit and political activism, organizing protests and advocating for their rights. Berrah's resilience in the face of adversity is evident as he confronts imprisonment and persecution for his dissenting views.

What sets this memoir apart is its exploration of themes such as unity, faith, and the pursuit of peace. Berrah's relationships with his peers, particularly the camaraderie among the clairvoyants, highlight the importance of solidarity in the face of injustice. His interfaith marriage symbolizes a message of tolerance and love, transcending religious divides. Additionally, Berrah's commitment to environmental activism underscores his broader vision for a harmonious society.

The inclusion of historical photographs adds authenticity to Berrah's narrative, offering readers a visual glimpse into the events that shaped his life. Despite some linguistic challenges posed by French phrases, the book's simple language and descriptive style make it accessible to a wide audience. I saw two errors in this book, which shows that it was professionally edited by the author.

Due to my love for this book, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. While the book's length may deter some readers, its rich content and educational value far outweigh any minor shortcomings. Berrah's unwavering dedication to his cause, coupled with his scientific contributions, renders him a formidable figure in both the political and academic spheres. I wholeheartedly recommend A Dream for Peace to anyone interested in African history, autobiography, or the pursuit of peace and justice on a global scale.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

The book is worth emulating. Dr Ghoulem did a great work in this book. I must commend the author for his effort in publishing this book.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Jane Honda »

The book serves as an exemplary model. Dr. Ghoulem's contribution within its pages is commendable. I applaud the author for their dedication in bringing this work to publication.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

Dr. Ghoulem's story is filled with lots of fascinating history. I salute his patriotic live and how he was able to see Algeria go through some unrest.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”