Review of Time for PSyQ

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aleena Augustine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Re: Review of Time for PSyQ

Post by Aleena Augustine »

This book seems interesting with its unique blend of science fiction and psychic phenomena. While it might not be for everyone, it definitely appears to be a compelling pick for sci-fi enthusiasts, particularly those drawn to the mysteries of quantum entanglement and the exploration of extraordinary mental abilities.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

It's beautiful written review! children's books itself always feels good to read especially if it's with gifted child story means,it gives joy, curiosity. If I get chance to read this book, I will pick this up.
Leia Temple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leia-temple.html
Latest Review: A Christian Life.....Connected by Jacksel

Post by Leia Temple »

The premise itself sounds so promising and since I answered yes to all of your initial questions, I may just give "Time for PSyQ" a chance. The main characters herself has a remarkably unique superpower, especially for a young girl, though I'm not excited that a child has this ability. Regardless, thank you for the comprehensive review, Gerry!
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

I appreciate your work on another honest review. It sounds like the premise of this book was quite intriguing, but I will pass on reading it due to your critiques about the plot. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 112%

Post by RJ Reviews »

This sounds like an intriguing book. Gifted children and their abilities are still a paradox. I too wish the book was presented in a more gripping manner. Awesome review, as usual. Thanks.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

Quantum entanglement has become the solution for any "exotic" problem, in this case, psychic powers. The author has some good ideas, though, so polishing the story might improve it. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Renee S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 50%

Post by Renee S »

I am curious about quantum entanglement and am willing to read a story centered around this topic, so I'll probably pick up the book if I get a chance. Thanks for your informative review.
Susan Ledezma
Favorite Book: Ruins of Sea and Souls
Currently Reading: Queens of Mist and Madness
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-ledezma.html
Latest Review: Lonely Riders by Michael D. Dennis
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Susan Ledezma »

Gerry Steen wrote: 14 May 2024, 23:47 [Following is a volunteer review of "Time for PSyQ" by Marti Ward.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever been curious about psychic visions, premonitions, and quantum entanglement? Have you ever heard of police forces hiring people with these abilities to help solve a crime? Would you like to have a glimpse of what it is like for people who have these abilities? If you answered yes to these questions, you should read Time for PsyQ by Marti Ward.

The introduction to this book was bright, humorous, and filled me with anticipation and curiosity. I gathered that this book would appeal to science enthusiasts, children aged 10 and above, and open-minded adults. I expected to learn some interesting scientific facts while reading an engaging story.

This was a story about gifted children and their pets. Their gifts included the capacity to have visions in multiple dimensions of time and space and to share visions through quantum entanglement with other human beings and pets. Governments and police departments were interested in these special abilities due to their usefulness in solving crimes and engaging in espionage.

Airlie was 11 years old. She realized she had a special brain after dreaming about a theft at her school. She discerned she knew the perpetrator without having seen him commit the crime. She could go back in time and visualize the crime scene from different vantage points. Later, she cooperated with the local police force to try to find an abducted girl and her seeing-eye dog. The police could not apprehend suspects based on Airlie's visions alone. However, these visions could be used as leads to open an investigation and organize surveillance. Since the kidnapped girl was blind, quantum entanglement came into play. Airlie telepathically trained the blind girl to share her dog's sight. Airlie gathered clues from the dog's sight to share with the police.

The plot showed how gifted people were recruited, trained, evaluated, and able to help the police force solve a crime. The plot developed at a nice pace until chapter 17. The story became very detailed and sterile. I had to take a break after each chapter because I was bored.

I was intrigued by the science of quantum entanglement. The plot was good but should have maintained its steady pace with fewer details. The editing was excellent. The addition of an appendix was a brilliant idea. It included sections with definitions and resources for brain science, hardware, software, quantum science, particle accelerators, and further reading. Because I struggled to stay interested in the story, I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars.

Time for PSyQ
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
The topic of the book sounds interesting, however, I do not enjoy reading books that are boring. I like to be engaged with the book that I am reading and this book seems to fall short of being able to do that. Thank you so much for the honest review!
“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.” -John Green :techie-studyinggray:
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading: Secrets of the Kashmir Valley
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

I've always been fascinated by the concept of having super abilities to foresee events before they actually happen. Imagine the possibilities: would we be able to prevent disasters, stop crimes in their tracks, or even alter the course of personal and global events for the better? This intriguing premise is what initially drew me to this story.

The author has crafted a unique narrative that delves into these questions, introducing us to Airlie, an extraordinary 11-year-old girl who possesses the gift of foresight. Airlie's ability to see into the future sets the stage for a compelling storyline where she collaborates with the police to solve crimes. The idea of a young girl working alongside law enforcement, using her special powers to make the world a safer place, is both captivating and inspiring. It brings a fresh twist to the genre and opens up a myriad of possibilities for plot development and character interactions.

What makes this story even more appealing is how it blends the innocence and curiosity of childhood with the thrilling elements of crime-solving and supernatural abilities. Airlie's journey not only highlights her unique gift but also explores the challenges and responsibilities that come with such a power. The author does a fantastic job of portraying Airlie's character in a way that is relatable and endearing, making readers root for her success and empathize with her struggles.

I like the questions asked at the beginning of this review. Overall, this book promises an exciting blend of mystery, action, and supernatural elements, all wrapped up in a story that challenges our perception of fate and free will. I'm eagerly looking forward to diving into this book and exploring the adventures. Thank you for the review.
That I may know Him :arrow: Philippians 3:10
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Martina Sette »

This book offers a captivating dive into the world of psychic visions, premonitions, and quantum entanglement. Airlie's character seems a very interesting character. I think I'll read it. Great review!
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Story Of... by Shirley B Novack
2024 Goal Completion: 103%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

You gave a great, honest review. There is nothing so awful as starting a book only to find it boring and uninteresting. Keep up the good work!
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

This book seems to be interesting as it is action filled and also has suspense. Thanks for the detailed review!
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

This book seems to be interesting as it is action filled and also has suspense. Thanks for the detailed review!
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

Superb writing about book. Nowadays kids book are filled with lot of adventures factors, such a delight to read.
Zanne Crystle
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Deceitful Reflection by Jessica Tepper

Post by Zanne Crystle »

I appreciate your honest review. The premise of the book sounds intriguing, but I really dislike it when books become boring in the middle, which can be quite disappointing. Although the protagonist is quite young, I might still give it a chance if I come across it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”