Review of Grand Slam Life

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Review of Grand Slam Life

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Grand Slam Life" by Milton Haber, M.D..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D., with Beth Herman is about how a physician gets COVID, finds his way, and works to transform a Texas community. The story is very inspirational, filled with both professionalism and compassion. Milton Haber’s love and devotion to his patients were exemplary to read. He had gone the extra mile in caring for his patients. The references in the book about helping patients in all possible ways beyond any limits made Milton Haber both a great physician and an empathetic human being. Some examples of helping patients out include paying for the treatment of those patients who can not afford it, arranging transport services for those patients who do not have any transport, and many other possible ways.

Milton Haber, M.D., was the son of a driven Laredo, Texas, business owner, and he acquired the work ethic from his father. His mother moved from Poland to Mexico. She taught him kindness and compassion, which he took forward to his profession in internal medicine. He traveled to Mexico in the early days of his life and was deeply touched by the suffering there. He used to provide food, medicine, and other help to the patients.

The book was written in a very engaging way. There were many pictures in the book that helped me visualize different characters, and I was able to picture them in mind when they were referred to in the story. Moreover, there was something different and unique in the book, and that were the words of some important personalities, like Miranda, Veronica, and Stella, about their personal experiences with Milton Haber. I really enjoyed reading this section in her own words.

Milton Haber’s life journey was not easy. It involved many difficulties, obstacles, and challenges. Through all possible kinds of experiences, he finally came up with the real essence of life, which was to find out one’s own calling in life and to respond to that call. He strongly believed that there was a secret purpose for everyone on earth, and if one could unravel that, then one’s life would become more meaningful and delightful.

Milton Haber’s personal story in this book is a perfect example of unflinching determination for the noble cause of the betterment of humanity through his medical profession. He showed the world that no matter what age you are in life, if you have a great mission to accomplish, you will never be short of motivation to move forward.

As a curious reader, I came across a very interesting theme in this book, which was believing in the script of life. According to Milton Haber, if one believed in the script of life, then synchronicities, coincidences, and sudden encounters were part of the grand plan. He shared his personal experience in the book about how some key players showed up in his life and helped him accomplish his great plan of forming Laguna Clinical Research Associates.

Milton Haber personally suffered from the coronavirus pandemic. He also became a strong advocate for the COVID-19 vaccine and tried to convince people to get themselves administered it. Unfortunately, there was a great deal of doubt at that time related to the vaccine, but he tried his best to spread the usefulness of it. His personal life also changed in many ways after the COVID-19 illness. He had a different outlook on life, and he was very kind in bringing forward his life lesson for all of us. His message was to make a small town into a big world. This was so because societies in the world had been seriously divided and disconnected, and after the COVID-19 pandemic, this was further exacerbated. Therefore, his call for action was to bring harmony and unity to the world.

As a reader, I did not find any errors in the book; it was exceptionally well edited and professionally written. Based on the quality of the content, the coherence of the story, and the magnificent life-transforming experience it brings, I would definitely give it a 5-star rating. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to become a better human by practicing compassion in society. It is also a book that will be very beneficial for medical practitioners, in particular because it helps physicians become more caring and empathetic in fulfilling their professional duties.

Grand Slam Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

An interesting memoir I think, about how physician got a covid and survive. This will be an interesting topic to discuss I think
Thanks for writing the review
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomi Ahmed
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review of *Grand Slam Life* highlights Dr. Milton Haber's inspirational journey as a physician and community transformer. The reviewer praises his compassion and dedication to patient care, noting the engaging storytelling and personal anecdotes that enrich the narrative. Dr. Haber's advocacy for the COVID-19 vaccine and his message of unity resonate strongly. With no errors found, the book earns a well-deserved 5-star rating, recommended for anyone seeking to cultivate compassion and empathy, especially medical practitioners.
Tomi Ahmed
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

Everything is business nowadays. Even the doctors have forgotten their purpose and consider their job just a way to make money. But it is doctors like Milton Haber who prove that there are still good doctors out there who consider their job as a way to heal as many people as possible. Serving patients even in such situations and beyond their duty is not something everyone does. I hope this book serves as an inspiration to the good and compassionate people that may come.
Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Priya Murugesan »

From your review, I can see this is a great inspirational book. Our world needs more of this. As you mentioned, the script of life seems like a unique concept. Would love to read this book.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: The elderly Gentleman's Ulyssee by Hans Bodmer

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

I read this book and I enjoyed reading about Milton's Life journey ad a father and medical practitioner. He even contracted COVID at some point but got through it. I loved reading your review.
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Towne Point Mall
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 64%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I'm a firm believer in the script of life, so this book already has my interest. With lots of books coming out now post-covid it's fascinating to read stories from the front lines. I'm adding this to my list, thanks.
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Frank: The Collection by Tara Basi

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Thank you for your detailed and insightful review of Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D., with Beth Herman. Your analysis beautifully captures the essence of the book and highlights its key themes, making it clear why this is such a compelling and inspirational read.
Marina
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

I agree with everything you wrote in this thorough review. Having read this book myself, I found Dr. Milton Haber's story of his journey to be inspiring. His generosity and commitment toward his patients was unparalleled. He would by their groceries so that they could afford medication. His commitment to promoting vaccination, working with Covid-19 patients, and his battle with Covid-19 demonstrate his dedication to the greater good. His belief in destiny was also fun to learn about because he was a pragmatic man. :techie-studyinggray:
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by David Awunor »

A very nice story.
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

The story of Milton Haber, MD, is an inspirational one, considering he overcame the many encountered difficulties presented to him. I am certain there is so much to learn from this in terms of one's own life journey.
It is simply delightful that this book is presented in an engaging way that has served to enhance this beautiful journey.
I love reading, and I find it is exceptionally significant when an author constructs a story in a way that draws the reader in to experience their story holistically.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

What an interesting read . He is quiet a great physician because we lack Doctors nowadays who still maintain their passion for sick people. Well done on your review
Be yourself and nothing less

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”