Review of 600 Devils

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Black Witch Moth by C. Michael Curry

Review of 600 Devils

Post by Florence Daniel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "600 Devils" by Marjan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"600 Devils" by Marjan is a captivating memoir chronicling the author's journey from a refugee camp to becoming deeply involved in the world of crime, specifically drug smuggling. Divided into chapters, each with its own title, the book begins with Marjan's introduction to the underworld as he becomes the personal gopher of a major drug smuggler named Mario. Throughout the narrative, Marjan shares pivotal moments from his childhood, including the influence of his uncle Aloyz, a former freedom fighter, and his early encounters with spirituality, juxtaposed with his descent into criminal activities. From smuggling profits to Swiss banks to engaging in risky schemes with his partner Vince, Marjan's story is filled with suspense and intrigue. However, his decision to leave behind his criminal past marks a turning point, leading him to a path of redemption and ultimately spiritual enlightenment.

I was captivated as I followed the story because it offers a compelling account of one man's journey through the shadows of crime and his eventual quest for spiritual fulfillment. Marjan's candid storytelling and vivid descriptions immerse readers in the complexities of his tumultuous life, revealing the inner workings of the criminal underworld and the struggles of personal transformation. The memoir exudes a sense of hope and resilience, highlighting the power of redemption and the human capacity for change.

I particularly appreciate Marjan's introspective reflections on morality, spirituality, and the nature of human relationships. His portrayal of the characters, especially his uncle Aloyz and mentor Mario, is vivid and multidimensional, offering insight into the influences that shaped his journey. The memoir's exploration of themes such as trust, betrayal, and the search for meaning resonates deeply, inviting readers to reflect on their own lives and choices.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. I'm glad to say that the book is excellently edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for its gripping narrative, insightful reflections, and profound exploration of the human spirit. The book is sure to become a favorite for those seeking a captivating blend of true-life drama and spiritual enlightenment.

I recommend "600 Devils" to readers who enjoy compelling memoirs that delve into the complexities of human nature and the pursuit of redemption. With its engaging storytelling, thought-provoking themes, and memorable characters, this book offers a riveting and ultimately uplifting reading experience.

600 Devils
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

"600 Devils" stands out not only as a gripping tale of crime and redemption but also as a testament to the universal human quest for meaning and transcendence, making it a compelling read for a wide range of audiences.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This sounds like an amazing book . The title on its own has done 90% of what its supposed to do . You just cant wait to read the book . Sounds like an amazing book and also captivating . Great review
Be yourself and nothing less
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, "600 Devils" seems like a gripping memoir that delves into the complexities of one man's journey from the shadows of crime to spiritual enlightenment. The reviewer's description of Marjan's candid storytelling and vivid descriptions promises an immersive reading experience, offering insights into the inner workings of the criminal underworld and the struggles of personal transformation. The exploration of themes such as morality, spirituality, and human relationships adds depth to the narrative, inviting readers to reflect on their own lives. With its gripping narrative and profound exploration of the human spirit, it appears to be a compelling read that would resonate with those seeking true-life drama intertwined with themes of redemption and personal growth. Overall, it sounds like a book that offers both suspense and profound insights into the human condition.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: Raw Deal by Lee Fishman

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

Reading this review of "600 Devils" by Marjan, I find myself drawn to the compelling and transformative journey depicted in this memoir. The book chronicles Marjan's transition from a refugee camp to the criminal underworld, specifically focusing on his involvement in drug smuggling. Each chapter offers a glimpse into pivotal moments of his life, from his introduction to the underworld through a major drug smuggler named Mario, to his reflections on his childhood influences, including his freedom fighter uncle Aloyz and his early spiritual encounters.
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

Out of curiosity, what is the meaning of the title "600 Devils"? Is it 600 obstacles? 600 dollars? 600 bad people? The transformation from crime to spiritual fulfilment is an interesting one. Can't wait to add it to my collection!
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”