Review of Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath" by Randy Miller.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Zack Martin, a teenager, enthusiastically joined the Navy and traveled to Vietnam due to his patriotism. He leaves behind his loving family and his sweetheart, Tally. Zack, just like many other people, endures harsh conditions, horrific wartime scenes, and the agonizing separation from loved ones. Loyalty leads him and his comrades to serve, even as Agent Orange is introduced. In the midst of the war, Zack developed friendships with Howell, Mueller, and Kearns. They work together as patriotic Navy officers, hoping for a quick end to the war.

Upon returning home, Zack struggles to heal from the war's trauma, but the unwavering love of Tally and his family eases his journey. His love for Tally deepens with each passing moment, culminating in their marriage. However, a hidden danger lurks. The full impact of Agent Orange exposure unfolds long after the war, a harsh truth revealed far too late.

Randy Miller masterfully brings his characters to life. While the initial use of accents presented a challenge, once I adjusted, the story transported me to a place of deep connection with the characters. The unwavering love and support between Zack and Tally is truly touching. It's remarkable how Randy Miller manages to weave love and friendship into this war story. Randy's way of painting a picture with words is incredible and truly magical. My favorite line? "He was slow to anger, slow to cool, and right now, he was hot."

My only minor critique is the lack of a table of contents. However, this didn't diminish my overall enjoyment. Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War and Its Aftermath is a powerful and moving story that deserves 5 out of 5 stars. The plot is gripping, the characters are unforgettable, and their interactions feel all too real. This well-written historical fiction, free of grammatical errors, is perfect for anyone seeking a captivating story about the Vietnam War. This book contains graphic descriptions of war violence and is intended for mature readers.

Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I totally loved this book. A good review from you!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Randy Miller vividly brings the characters to life, creating a deep connection with readers despite initial challenges with accents. The story weaves love, friendship, and the realities of war, with a standout line highlighting Zack's measured temperament. Miller's evocative writing style is praised for its ability to transport readers and depict emotional depth.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: His Final Answer by Christopher D White & Jennifer Curran

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Zack Martin's Journey" chronicles the poignant tale of a young man's patriotic journey from his hometown to the harrowing battlefields of Vietnam and back again. Driven by a deep sense of loyalty and duty, Zack bravely serves his country alongside comrades Howell, Mueller, and Kearns, enduring the brutal realities of war and the painful separation from his beloved Tally.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, the review of "Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War and Its Aftermath" by Randy Miller has captivated my interest. The narrative seems to offer a profound exploration of the Vietnam War through the eyes of Zack Martin, a patriotic teenager whose journey encapsulates the harsh realities and emotional struggles of wartime.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”