Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Four women, Rose, Veronica, Amanda, and Sophia, come from diverse backgrounds and life stages. Yet, a shared passion for fly fishing unites them. Their regular outings to a secluded cabin become a refuge from the daily grind. Each woman carries her own burdens, be it grief, loneliness, or a strained relationship. But by the riverside, surrounded by the calming rhythm of the water, they find moments of peace and laughter.

On one of these fly-fishing outings, they rescued a stranger, later identified as Melody, from drowning in the river, who then joined their group. Their act of saving her becomes a catalyst, deepening their connection and offering Melody a chance to rediscover herself. The story unfolds through the distinct voices of each woman, allowing readers to intimately understand their hopes, fears, and vulnerabilities.

Michelle Cummings' prose is clear and engaging, transporting you to the tranquil beauty of the fishing grounds. The detailed descriptions of fly-fishing techniques, from the delicate art of casting to the thrill of a successful catch, are informative even for complete novices. However, the true strength of the book lies in its portrayal of friendship. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and I couldn't find anything I disliked about The Reel Sisters.

These women don't shy away from their imperfections. They argue, they misunderstand each other, but their bond remains unbreakable. They offer unwavering support during life's challenges, celebrate victories, and provide a shoulder to cry on during losses. Their unwavering loyalty and the joy they find in each other's company are truly heartwarming.

"The Reel Sisters" is more than just a feel-good story. It subtly explores the societal pressures faced by women. As they navigate careers, relationships, and personal struggles, they inspire readers to prioritize self-care and find solace in nature and supportive connections.

With its well-developed characters, captivating plot, and evocative descriptions, "The Reel Sisters" is a delightful read for anyone seeking a heartwarming story about friendship, self-discovery, and the rejuvenating power of nature. Whether you're a seasoned fly fisher or simply looking for a heartwarming tale, this book will leave you feeling uplifted and inspired. I recommend this book with a 5 out of 5 star rating. Additionally, it was perfectly edited, as I found no grammatical errors in the book.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The Reel Sisters" follows Rose, Veronica, Amanda, and Sophia, who find solace and camaraderie through their shared love of fly fishing, forming a deep bond that helps them navigate life's challenges.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: His Final Answer by Christopher D White & Jennifer Curran

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

In this heartfelt narrative, four women—Rose, Veronica, Amanda, and Sophia—forge an unlikely bond through their shared passion for fly fishing
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, the review of Michelle Cummings' "The Reel Sisters" has certainly piqued my interest. The story of four diverse women—Rose, Veronica, Amanda, and Sophia—who find solace and connection through their shared passion for fly fishing sounds both refreshing and heartwarming.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

The book beautifully weaves together the individual journeys of Rose, Veronica, Amanda, Sophia, and Melody, portraying the transformative power of friendship and shared passion.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”