Review of Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wilfred Patrick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilfred-patrick.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking: A Bold Idea, a Business Adventure and 101 Lessons Learned Along the Way by Atul Vir

Review of Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath

Post by Wilfred Patrick »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath" by Randy Miller.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath" by Randy Miller interweaves fictional characters against the backdrop of real-life events that occurred during the Vietnam War. The story revolves around Zachariah Martins, a young man who, upon graduating from high school, joins the USS Destroyer Hawke and enlists in the Blue Water Navy Mariners. As the narrative progresses, it blends action, romance, and friendship genres to illustrate the difficulties that soldiers encounter both during and after the conflict.

One of the things I loved about this book was the way the author portrayed the characters, especially Zack Martin, the protagonist. Motivated by a strong sense of justice and perseverance in the face of hardship, his pleasant demeanor and notable character development throughout the story make him an intriguing protagonist. The examination of concepts like bravery, friendship, and love gives the narrative depth. The book is also easier to read thanks to the author's succinct and straightforward writing style, which also helps the reader develop a stronger bond with the characters. There was not a single thing about this book that I did not like. 

The action-packed novel employs literary strategies to portray the essential human emotions—love, hatred, bravery, fear, joy and sadness, anguish, hope, wrath, and morality—in a vivid and moving way. The author used the dialect of the book to make the story more charming and realistic, but there were too many words for readers to understand. This book was edited without flaws, and I didn't notice any errors. 

I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 because the strong character development and an insightful viewpoint on the difficulties faced by veterans take the book above the level of simple pleasure, making it an important and powerful read that is deserving of high appreciation. I recommend this book to people who love books about the military and war. 

Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dickson Bricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickson-bricks.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Dickson Bricks »

I learnt another about review writing from this your comment. Nice one.
Sonia Lurk
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-lurk.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Sonia Lurk »

Deadly Waters would make you want to take a cruise and imagine yourself as an army. What a wonderful and scary life they must have lived . Great review by the way.
pokey Jake
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pokey-jake.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by pokey Jake »

I'll read this book. I didn't know this book was that interesting. But reading this has got me surprised. I will definitely pick this book next.
Gerrard Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerrard-mark.html
Latest Review: The Abalone Ukulele by R. L. Crossland

Post by Gerrard Mark »

5 star rating is 100 percent correct for this book. Exceptional book and exceptional review too.
nora baldwin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nora-baldwin.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by nora baldwin »

The part of the book I like was about Martin. This was a really really nice review. I think your review is one of the best take I've seen about this book. I feel every military personel should read this.
kordula elfriede m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kordula-elfriede-m.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by kordula elfriede m »

Best book for war veterans.. this book should be taken seriously by military personels. Which other book do you know that us like this. I like books that has a military undertone to it. I'll like to read more books like this.
Bettina B
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettina-b.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Bettina B »

I had to read this book about three times before I understood it completely. It'd a really nice book that's meant for everyone. Especially young men . They need to know what it means to sacrifice for your country.
Gloria Ari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-ari.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Gloria Ari »

Zach Martin is an average American. That's how our young men should be . Not those people who have removed the masculinity from men. I like the review. It was a really great take.
Alex Ariz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-ariz.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Alex Ariz »

"Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath" by Randy Miller is one great book for the boys. I will tell my sons to read this book and write a comprehensive review about the book.
Jonathan Ken
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonathan-ken.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jonathan Ken »

Great book about patriotism. Most people are not patriotic. I like this your review and I also likedhow you told the story . I have learnt quite a few things from you with the way you conclude your review.
Benson Ken
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benson-ken.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Benson Ken »

The storyline in this book is something that made me love it the more. Its very impressive. There are no books that can take audience like this book. Great one.
Stephanie Walker 11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-walker-11.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Stephanie Walker 11 »

A very good story bout how a man leaves his life in service of his country. I think those story was great. The review is a good representation of the book. You did a really nice job.
Larry Jade
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-larry-jade.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Larry Jade »

This book is really great. I wish i could write reviews that will attract people like this. The review did a great job of making people know more about how military operations are run.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”