Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christian Jordan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Christian Jordan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Dorothy May Mercer's novel, E M P Honeymoon, readers are taken on an exhilarating journey alongside newlyweds Kelly and Tom Turbulo, whose honeymoon takes a dangerous turn when they stumble upon a clandestine terrorist organization. The narrative unfolds with Kelly inadvertently discovering the group's sinister plans, prompting her to seek aid from her brother, Senator Mike McBride, and CIA Assistant Director Joseph. As the story progresses, the couple, along with their allies, must race against time to thwart the organization's devastating plot targeting North America.

One of the novel's strengths lies in its consistently engaging pacing, which hooks readers from the outset with a thrilling opening sequence. Mercer adeptly balances brevity, humor, and suspense throughout the narrative, ensuring accessibility for readers of all ages. The descriptive prowess displayed by the author vividly brings each scene to life, allowing readers to immerse themselves fully in the unfolding events.

Despite being the second installment in the McBride series, E M P Honeymoon stands on its own as a captivating tale of suspense and intrigue. Mercer's adept storytelling keeps readers on the edge of their seats, with surprises and suspenseful mysteries woven seamlessly into the plot. The novel's relevance to contemporary issues adds an extra layer of depth, making it not only an entertaining read but also a thought-provoking one.

Overall, E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer delivers a compelling narrative that captivates readers with its engaging plot, well-rounded characters, and skillful storytelling. Fans of suspense and thrillers will find themselves thoroughly entertained by this gripping tale of love, danger, and the resilience of the human spirit.

Throughout my journey with this book, I found no errors of any kind; it was exceptionally edited and had no typos or grammar errors, so I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I couldn't dislike the book because I found it engaging due to its fast-paced plot, suspenseful mysteries, and seamless storytelling. I recommend this book to readers seeking suspenseful thrillers with engaging plots and well-developed characters, keeping them captivated from start to finish.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

This novel not only provides a thrilling experience but also demonstrates Mercer's skill in crafting a story that appeals to a broad audience.
Scholastica Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Breaking the Mold
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scholastica-daniel.html
Latest Review: If... and other stories by Claire Frieze

Post by Scholastica Daniel »

I can't imagine the thrill of going on romantic honeymoon and then having to face a terrorist threat the fear they must have felt. I will love to follow them on this adventure. This is a compelling review.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Chad Anthony »

This story is a mixed one with scenes I would love to watch if it was a movie. Kelly is a great character from the summary. I love reading your opinion about this book. Your review is great as well.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Daberechi Precious »

I really didn't get to read this book, but I will love to give it a try. Your review is so engaging and captiving. Nice review you have here.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Mercer's novel is characterized by engaging pacing, vivid descriptions, and a balance of brevity, humor, and suspense. Each scene is brought to life, making the story accessible and immersive for readers of all ages. The plot captivates from the start with its thrilling sequence of events.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

In "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer, newlyweds Kelly and Tom Turbulo's honeymoon takes a perilous turn when they uncover a terrorist organization's sinister plans. With the help of allies, they race against time to thwart the devastating plot targeting North America.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer thrusts newlyweds Kelly and Tom Turbulo into a dangerous plot by a terrorist organization during their honeymoon.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

Emp honeymoon is one of the best book in my shelf. The book cover alone gives one an idea of the plot. The arrangements of action was perfect. Well done.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: I'd Rather Be Dead Than Deaf by E. Adrienne Wilson

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

E M P Honeymoon sounds like a good thriller novel to read. I'll like to read how their honeymoon is disrupted and how they used their skills to fight terrorism.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

The narrative unfolds with suspense and intrigue, keeping readers on the edge of their seats as the protagonists navigate treacherous waters to uncover the truth and prevent disaster. Mercer's skillful storytelling and fast-paced plot make "EMP Honeymoon" a gripping read
AGBATA DONALD Chidera
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-chidera.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AGBATA DONALD Chidera »

Nice book.
AGBATA DONALD Chidera
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-chidera.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AGBATA DONALD Chidera »

Nice book. A newlywed couple's dream vacation turns into a thrilling adventure when their honeymoon is disrupted by a terrorist threat. I'm eager to read about how they utilize their skills to combat the danger and save the day!

(Note: I've rephrased the text to maintain the original meaning while using different words and sentence structures to avoid plagiarism and ensure simplicity.)
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

The novel excels in its engaging pacing, balancing bravery, humor, and suspense as newlyweds Kelly and Tom Turbulo's honeymoon takes a dangerous turn when they discover a clandestine terrorist organization.
Elendu Treasure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-treasure.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Elendu Treasure »

Mercer's work is distinguished by its captivating narrative, rich imagery, and a harmonious blend of succinctness, humor, and tension. Readers of all ages will find the novel engaging and approachable since each scenario is brought to life. The plot's exciting series of events captures readers' attention right away.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”