Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The sudden disappearance of a loved one can leave a gaping hole in one's heart, leaving behind an emptiness that nothing can fill and a thousand unanswered questions. Grant Taylor experienced this emptiness firsthand. His uncle Randall, a renowned scientist, had vanished without a trace on an expedition to a forbidden region in Siberia known as Zona. The news had been a thunderclap, shattering Grant's world and leaving him with a gnawing suspicion that the official story of his uncle's disappearance was a lie. Fueled by this suspicion and the clues left behind by his uncle, Grant found himself drawn into a heart-pounding mystery, embarking on a perilous journey to Zona. Grant and his team are woefully unprepared for what awaits them in this forbidden land.

The novel excels in its world-building. Baker paints a vivid picture of Zona, a land untouched by civilization and full of the unknown. The Siberian climate, the wilderness, and rumors of strange phenomena all contribute to a sense of constant intrigue and lurking danger. Just like you, I couldn't help but wonder what fate awaited Grant and his team in this strange land. Why not grab a copy of this captivating book and find out?

The narrative is fast-paced and keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. The constant threat posed by the unknown environment, coupled with the possibility of encountering dangerous creatures or hostile forces, builds tension throughout the story. Baker's descriptive prose brings Zona to life. Readers can feel the biting cold, navigate the dense forests, and encounter the unique flora and fauna of this isolated region.

Grant emerges as a determined and resourceful protagonist. The supporting characters, each with their own motivations and expertise, add depth and complexity to the narrative. The expedition faces internal conflicts that challenge their teamwork and force them to confront their deepest fears. The author's skill in character development is simply amazing.

Zona: The Forbidden Land is a thrilling adventure novel that will appeal to readers who enjoy tales of exploration, mystery, and survival. The captivating setting, well-developed characters, and suspenseful plot make it a page-turner. Therefore, I rate Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker 5 out of 5 stars. It's a captivating read with no grammatical errors, and I couldn't find anything I disliked about the book. 

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

"Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker sounds like an exhilarating adventure novel filled with mystery, tension, and survival against the odds. The vivid world-building of the remote Siberian wilderness, combined with the suspenseful and fast-paced narrative, makes it a compelling read. The journey to uncover the truth behind Randall's disappearance and the perils faced by Grant and his team promise to keep readers engaged. The strong character development and internal conflicts add depth to the story, making it more than just an adventure tale. The enthusiastic review and the perfect rating highlight its appeal, suggesting that "Zona: The Forbidden Land" is a must-read for fans of exploration and thrillers.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Esther Unurhie »

The portrayal of the protagonist's emotional turmoil and relentless quest for truth adds depth and resonance to the narrative, making it a compelling exploration of grief and determination in the face of adversity.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”