Review of Toni the Superhero

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Review of Toni the Superhero

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero, by R. D. Base, is a beautifully illustrated children's book most suitable for children between ages three and six. It's a very easy and quick read about a little boy called Toni, who is apparently a superhero. Toni does many tasks and is very happy while doing them. He doesn't see the tasks as too tedious. He doesn’t neglect house chores like sweeping or dusting just because he is a superhero. He plays just like any other kid but also helps out in his own little way, like when he rescues a cat.

I believe the book intends to teach kids that they can do normal, everyday tasks and chores, no matter how extraordinary they are. It imparts the underlying notion that ‘if Toni the superhero can do it, then I can do it too. It's not a big deal.’ Toni the Superhero appears to be one of the books in a series about Toni (the superhero). There are other titles in the series showing his adventures and other life activities.

The book has really attractive colors and pages. The illustrations are catchy and easy to assimilate. However, I would have appreciated it if the author had provided some sort of introduction to the book's characters, or at least Toni. When I first started reading, I was curious about the essence of Toni's story. I wanted to learn more about him, even if only a little. But this did not occur until I reached the end of the book, where I discovered further titles in the series. So I recognized that Toni's story did not begin with this single book. There are other books that I could have read before reading this that could have contained the necessary details about this main character, called Toni the Superhero.

I'm tempted to give the book a four-star rating because of this, but I’ll give the book five out of five stars simply because it’s a good enough children’s book. I didn’t notice anything outrageous in it. I also found its editing to be flawless, not noticing a single grammar mistake in it.

Parents trying to keep their younger kids busy can get creative with the book by creating questions out of Toni’s activities, and then they can get their kids to answer them. Otherwise, it’s a very light read and will only serve the purposes of literacy and entertainment.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Toni the Superhero" by R. D. Base sounds like a delightful children's book that offers both entertainment and valuable life lessons. Through the story of Toni, a little boy who embraces everyday tasks with enthusiasm and a sense of responsibility, young readers are encouraged to see themselves as capable of accomplishing ordinary tasks, regardless of how extraordinary they may feel.
Christian Jordan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

**Toni the Superhero** by R. D. Base is a charmingly illustrated children's book ideal for ages three to six. It tells the story of Toni, a little boy who embraces everyday tasks with joy, showcasing that even superheroes enjoy helping with chores and lending a hand when needed, like rescuing a cat.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, this review provides a thorough and engaging look into "Toni the Superhero" by R. D. Base. This children's book, aimed at young readers between the ages of three and six, offers an easy and quick read about a little boy named Toni who balances his superhero duties with everyday tasks and chores.

You appreciates the book's core message, which is to teach children that they can perform normal, everyday tasks and chores, regardless of how extraordinary they may be.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”