Review of My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Review of My Trip To Adele

Post by Priya Murugesan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

My Trip To Adele by R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer

To start with, I confess that the book blurb didn't attract me much. What piqued my interest was the book cover, which I felt was mystical with a smoking red rose on a black background. So, after a little hesitation, I chose this book and started reading. But I was pleasantly surprised. The sibling authors didn't disappoint me. To be frank, I was just glued to the book. It is not your typical romantic story. The book is brimming with emotions as it portrays and explores each character's raw and profound feelings. Through skillful writing, the characters are intricately woven, which allows you to empathize with their pain, joy, sorrow, and desire. 

This novel follows the soul-stirring journey of the leading characters - Elias, Nadia, and Yaser. The story begins in Rome, where we meet Elias, who is filled with regret about his long-lost love for Malika, an innocent Marrakesh girl. His sudden discovery of a cryptic black magic spell impels him to go back to Marrakesh after eight long years. Next, we are introduced to Nadia, who is a single mother from Jordan. Despite her divorce, she is still stuck in the vicious grasp of her ex-husband, who can still deny her the right to freedom. All the situations are against her, yet she is determined to realize her lifelong dream of taking her son Waleed to Adele's live concert. In Las Vegas, we meet Yaser, an oncologist, who is tired of his soulless, monotonous marriage with his wife Mariam. Albeit a sparkling romance before marriage, now, after eight years, their bond is on the verge of death. They are making every effort to revive it, but Yaser begins to doubt if their differences are irreconcilable. Each of them has different goals. But what unites all three is their love for Adele.

I admire the character of Nadia. She has the guts to break out of her degrading marriage, which many women don't possess. I have seen a lot of marriages in India where women are trapped. I wish they were more like Nadia. I adore the abundant love Nadia has for her son, which I, as a mother, can relate to very well. Mothers will do anything for the well-being of their children, and they are their priority always. Many women, like Lara, are stuck in the abyss of demeaning marriage and are unable to break free. 

Yaser's character is different. He believes he is humiliated by his wife, Mariam. To avoid quarrels, he always subdues, which later affects him mentally to the point where he feels his home is a prison. His character was developed beautifully. His inner turmoil and muddled feelings were captured very well through the writings.

I was intrigued by Elias and Malika's relationship. It sounded mystical. 

Did Elias's search for Malika end fruitfully? Did Nadia's dream come true? What happened to Yaser and Mariam? The authors have crafted the ending with beautiful emotions. The story proves that life is not a fairy tale, and we don't get that fairy tale ending all the time. The characters realize that they have to compromise and sacrifice to hold on to things that are more important in life. 

I felt like reading an Indian novel when I read this book. The style of writing and genre feel similar to Indian books. Adele's songs at the end of each chapter added an element of interest. I felt that the black magic part felt out of the story. Even though it might be common in Marrakesh, that concept didn't gel with the story. I noted a few typo errors. Other than that, I didn't find any issues in the book.

I give the book 4 out of 5 only because of the typo errors. Otherwise, I enjoyed the book and recommend it to readers who love deeply emotional books.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Martina Sette
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Martina Sette »

Great review. I had already seen this book, but honestly, it didn't interest me much because it seemed more like fanfiction. However, after reading your opinion, I'm changing my mind. Thanks!
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

Your review of My Trip To Adele intrigued me. I have added this book to my bookshelves. The three stories of three different couples struggling with their relationships, in different ways, are interesting. I am happy to know that you enjoyed this book written by skilled authors. I also like Adele as a singer. I want to know what happens to Nadia, Elias, and Yaser. I am already rooting for them even though I have not yet started to read the book. Thank you for your thorough and well-written review.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Martina Sette wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 05:53 Great review. I had already seen this book, but honestly, it didn't interest me much because it seemed more like fanfiction. However, after reading your opinion, I'm changing my mind. Thanks!
Hope you like the book. As I have mentioned, the blurb didn't interest me much. But I enjoyed reading the book. Thanks for reading my review!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 07:10 Your review of My Trip To Adele intrigued me. I have added this book to my bookshelves. The three stories of three different couples struggling with their relationships, in different ways, are interesting. I am happy to know that you enjoyed this book written by skilled authors. I also like Adele as a singer. I want to know what happens to Nadia, Elias, and Yaser. I am already rooting for them even though I have not yet started to read the book. Thank you for your thorough and well-written review.
Hope you read this book and like it. Thanks a lot for your kind words!
Leia Temple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leia-temple.html
Latest Review: A Christian Life.....Connected by Jacksel

Post by Leia Temple »

Similar to Martina, I also didn’t find the book that intriguing due to the bewildering perspectives at times. I did, however, enjoy your review! It was flawlessly written and conveys your love for this book quite well.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Leia Temple wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 04:03 Similar to Martina, I also didn’t find the book that intriguing due to the bewildering perspectives at times. I did, however, enjoy your review! It was flawlessly written and conveys your love for this book quite well.
Thanks for your honest opinion and kind words😊
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

As someone who loves to read, I totally get where you're coming from with this book. I agree with pretty much everything you've said about its quality. Thanks for sharing your thoughts—it's awesome to connect over our reading adventures.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 05 May 2024, 21:34 As someone who loves to read, I totally get where you're coming from with this book. I agree with pretty much everything you've said about its quality. Thanks for sharing your thoughts—it's awesome to connect over our reading adventures.
Thanks a lot!
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

It's a very helpful review as it offers detailed insights into the plot, characters, and emotional resonance of the novel, aiding potential readers in understanding its themes and deciding if it aligns with their interests.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

MAHAD BAIG MIRZA wrote: 27 May 2024, 07:01 It's a very helpful review as it offers detailed insights into the plot, characters, and emotional resonance of the novel, aiding potential readers in understanding its themes and deciding if it aligns with their interests.
Thanks for your reply!
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

I totally had different view towards this book. I wasn't okay with Mallika 's age during 1st story nor Yaser's emotional cheating getting white washed at end. It's nice to hear that, this book worked for you and with your review, I got another perspective of this book.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Harshitha Nayak wrote: 28 May 2024, 13:14 I totally had different view towards this book. I wasn't okay with Mallika 's age during 1st story nor Yaser's emotional cheating getting white washed at end. It's nice to hear that, this book worked for you and with your review, I got another perspective of this book.
Thanks for your honest feedback. As you mentioned, reading other's reviews allows us to see another perspective of the book!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”