Review by Marylynn -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marylynn
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marylynn.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles

Review by Marylynn -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Marylynn »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered what the world would have been like without sin, death and sorrows? Or a situation whereby women get to deliver in their living rooms while sipping a cup of coffee and reading a juicy novel. In who told you that you were naked,this is close to the life Adam and Eve lived before they were deceived by the ancient serpent.

While reading this book, i could not help but envy Adam and Eve. The friendship and companionship they shared made me feel nostalgic. It made me go back to the drawing board and wonder where the rain started beating us. Looking around the world, you get perplexed by the number of divorce papers being signed each day by couples.

The beautiful cover of the book and the mysterious title is what drew me to the book. The author; William E. Combs, also writes, 'Christ's peace remains in our hearts and minds, guarding and protecting us from our worry and anxiety' a quote i would tie around my heart like a band to help me through life's turmoils.

What pleased me about the book is that the author went through the trouble of inserting Bible verses and reference links where the reader can confirm whatever information is given. The author also gives real life examples of how Miriam, his wife, was tormented for many years by the devil and how, together, they conquered the works of darkness.

I, however, did not agree with the author when a demise befell Lively's mother in the garden of Eden. In my opinion, the garden of Eden is the paragon of perfection. A place where peace and serenity dwells. I believe that love and joy is the air that is breathed in this garden. At least that is what the Bible; our main reference book, states.

This non fiction book will appeal most to those readers in search for spiritual nourishment and growth. It will educate, rebuke and encourage you. At the end of the day you will feel a closer connection between you and God. Similar to how Adam and Eve walked and communed with God each day in the garden of Eden.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I rate it this way, because of a few typographic errors in the book.This book made me re-think about my spiritual standing with God. If there is one important thing the book taught me, is to follow instructions without question and that, ' Obedience is better than sacrifice.'

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Marylynn's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Interesting book, though I don't think a I will read it. Thank you for the review. :)
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Marylynn

Post by Marylynn »

You are welcomed :D
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I have been planning to read this one but haven't read it yet.
Thank you for your honest review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Thanks you your review. Having also read the book, I didn't like it.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

i agree with you about Lively, the animal in the story, somewhat confusing as the story goes on. I enjoyed reading the book. Too bad, seems you did not enjoyed reading it. You got a cool review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Marylynn

Post by Marylynn »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I have been planning to read this one but haven't read it yet.
Thank you for your honest review
You should find time to read it and maybe judge it from your point of view.
Welcome, it was my pleasure.

-- 22 Aug 2017, 06:02 --
juliusotinyo wrote:Thanks you your review. Having also read the book, I didn't like it.
Welcome :D

-- 22 Aug 2017, 06:06 --
readandsmile wrote:i agree with you about Lively, the animal in the story, somewhat confusing as the story goes on. I enjoyed reading the book. Too bad, seems you did not enjoyed reading it. You got a cool review.
Yeah, the part about Lively can get you to re-consider the meaning of 'The garden of Eden' which i tend to believe is compared to paradise.
Thank you :D
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Thank you for the review, this book doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Initially, I was drawn to it and after reading the blurb I became unsure...now after reading several reviews on it, including yours, it seems I made the right choice in not picking up the book.
Marylynn

Post by Marylynn »

Yeah, the book is not that appealing. You might yawn several times though i must give some credit to the author. He tried to make it appealing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”